Newcastle (A) | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'll go pretty much full strength regardless.

Players will have had enough rest and they need to play some games to keep them sharp. If the league's already won, he might use subs a bit more and minor rotation to ensure all the squad is fully fit and match ready.

Too much rest isn't always a good thing. That's why we (usually) have pre-season games.
Think everyone we expect to start in the Final will get at least 180 minutes from the next 3 games, some more, whether most get 90 this Friday may depend to a point whether we need a win.

We should beat Newcastle, but in the words of Jimmy Greaves "it's a funny old game". Newcastle looked shockingly bad only a few weeks ago but have hit some form recently. Hope it's not a banana skin. If we lose this one the doubt could start to creep in. Hopefully we go full strength for this game & put the PL to bed. It would be typical City to not win either of the next 2 & then have to go into the last game of the season needing a result!

City to clinch title with win at St James Park?

They haven't done that for 53 years (as of tomorrow).

For that to happen United (and/or United reserves) will have to beat Leicester and Liverpool.

As it happens City didn't need to win at Newcastle then either.

I hope so
Why should Newcastle's mind be on winning this match and not on the beach? They suffered the whole season and you aren't going to deny them some party time.
Mind you, that's exactly not what I want. I want us to play competitive game against competitive opponents becaus that's the best preparation for the CL final. Pep at Bayern always lost the Semi, i think partly because by then they were no longer playing for anything in their league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.