EURO 2020 | General discussion

Who will win Euro 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Belgium still have the majority of their golden generation that made them one of the favourites for the last world Cup and have had a few players come through in problem areas since. However, similarly to southgate, i simply don't rate martinez and believe he will hinder them.

Portugal will do well, England should put in a respectable showing but fall short of their potential. Spain and Germany will go out early, neither are what they were in the last decade.

France to win it. Got the depth all over the pitch, got match winners and whilst Deschamps isn't great, they're used to his approach and know what they are doing with him.

Pretty much how I see it

Can't see anyone other than France, Portugal, or Belgium winning this. Shame that two of them are in the same group.

Based on how the projected knockouts are set up, I think there's some betting value in the Dutch reaching the semifinals.

I don't understand why southgate has decided to name a bigger provisional squad and delaying the final one until June 1. Nobody else is doing that. If he's worried about potential injuries this week that's what the reserve list is for. Just screams indecisive.

I don't understand why southgate has decided to name a bigger provisional squad and delaying the final one until June 1. Nobody else is doing that. If he's worried about potential injuries this week that's what the reserve list is for. Just screams indecisive.

Southgate is the luckiest man in football, apart from being a yes man I have no idea what he brings to the game.
He was hailed as a genius after the world Cup where he lost 3 games and only beat Colombia on penalties.
He is ultra defensive, his game management is woeful and as you say indecisive.
He has some great young attacking options available to him but you know they will be sacrificed for Dier, Trippier etc.
He still doesn't know his squad after months of looking gormless in the stands, he is from the same mould as the clown at the swamp and because of this, England will win jack shit.

Goalkeepers:

• Dean Henderson (Manchester United)
  • Sam Johnstone (West Brom)
  • Jordan Pickford (Everton)
  • Aaron Ramsdale (Sheffield United)
Defenders:

• Trent Alexander-Arnold (Liverpool)
  • Ben Chilwell (Chelsea)
  • Conor Coady (Wolves)
  • Ben Godfrey (Everton)
  • Reece James (Chelsea)
  • Harry Maguire (Manchester United)
  • Tyrone Mings (Aston Villa)
  • Luke Shaw (Manchester United)
  • John Stones (Manchester City)
  • Kieran Trippier (Atletico Madrid)
  • Kyle Walker (Manchester City)
  • Ben White (Brighton)
Midfielders:

• Jude Bellingham (Borussia Dortmund)
  • Jordan Henderson (Liverpool)
  • Jesse Lingard (West Ham)
  • Mason Mount (Chelsea)
  • Kalvin Phillips (Leeds)
  • Declan Rice (West Ham)
  • James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)
Forwards:

• Dominic Calvert-Lewin (Everton)
  • Phil Foden (Man City)
  • Jack Grealish (Aston Villa)
  • Mason Greenwood (Manchester United)
  • Harry Kane (Tottenham)
  • Marcus Rashford (Manchester United)
  • Bukayo Saka (Arsenal)
  • Jadon Sancho (Borussia Dortmund)
  • Raheem Sterling (Man City)
  • Ollie Watkins (Aston Villa)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.