Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

I'm not 'chuffed'. But anyone slagging Pep or the team, or refusing to see how well Chelsea played then ... .
Most people knew we were fucked when the lineup was announced. Chelsea looked good cos they played their usual system that they’re familiar with and their players looked like they wanted to win unlike ours

Sorry to say Sterling no worse than anyone else. Defence all over the show, Stones being the main one.
he had his two defensive wobbles early on and that is when the alarm bells started ringing! They weren’t heeded and the game should’ve been over by half-time.
our defence is still not right and if it is exposed, like when you have no protection in front, it collapses like a house of cards.
Stones and Walker have their wobbles. Diaz is not quick and gets exposed by the high line. Zinny is an honest player, but not a LB. How much have we spent on that defence!?

Apart from zinchenko totally letting his man free to score. You honestly think we’ll never reach the final again? Really? Come on mate
Look how long its taken us to reach this one to throw it away with stupid decisions. We will always reach the knockouts but the final wont come for a while again if it does in my opinion.

Some shameful shit that.

We play with a holding midfielder in literally every fucking game of the season, but tonight, let's fuck that off and play as open as possible?

Let's be solid as fuck defensively all season then just fuck that off in a CL final?

Pep is an absolute God but he is such a twat at times.

I cannot describe how angry and disappointed I am.
Spot on.
No idea why he starts Sterling either.
Not good enough to get in the premier league starting 11 at the end of the season in meaningless games, but then starts him in the champions league final.
Appalling from Pep.
He may well be our greatest ever manager and right up there as one of the best managers of all time, but he isn’t exempt from criticism and deserves all the criticism he gets tonight.
To start without a defensive midfielder, the way we play.
Dreadful, appalling, shocking...

I just turned the football off at the final whistle and resolved to watch something funny on TV instead. I gave in after about an hour and I looked here, the first thing I read I quote and it says it all really.

Gutted? Absolutely, but remember where we have come from.

One sad thing though: before the game started the commentator said something like oooooh Southgate must be happy watching these English players tonight. Really, apart from Walker, who else who qualifies for England on either side stood out tonight?
Mount, James and Chilwell all stood out

Who picks a team based on a ref? It's nonsensical. The refs are always bent in Uefa so why change tactics now.
If you know you can't tackle then you change the way you play to nullify that and put put a team to keep possessions as its the lowest risk option.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.