Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

After the 1955 FA Cup Final which we lost to Newcastle the manager said we will be back next year.
We were and we beat Birmingham.
So next year will be our year.
Delete the last line, it’s sounds too Scouse.

Agreed. Wondering how many of this lot coped when we were in Div. 2? We've become what we hated, conceited enough to think that we have a right to win every match.

Well I was there in Div 2 like many others. If we had lost 3-0 and started with Fern instead of Raz I would have just said we started with our best 11 and formation. As it is, the question will ALWAYS be there....

Agreed. Wondering how many of this lot coped when we were in Div. 2? We've become what we hated, conceited enough to think that we have a right to win every match.
Absolute nonsense.

There is no shame whatsoever in these same Blues tonight, who have seen this club grow from strength to strength, see their potential, only to see them squander it on the big stage, fall at the final hurdle.

Nobody is upset that "City lost", they're upset and disappointed at HOW we lost; no guile, no passion, no determination. Something the likes of Horlock, Goater, Dickov and Morrison et al would have scorned at. Losing via commitment and attribution is one thing. Losing via lack of intensity and co-ordination is another. There was just "nothing" tonight. THAT is what hurts.

Blame Pep, his formation was shocking. The players were put out to lose that match
The manager cannot put everybody in the correct defensive position you need to be able to raed a game and do it yourself....clearly not possible in this case...let your man run at the net allow him to get a shot off and dont put any effort in at the same time ....can somebody tell me I'm wrong in this situation ??

Not playing the proper 11 against them TWICE was a fucking mistake and all the clever cunts here who said it wasn't are dead wrong. Find out your opponents weaknesses and your own!
Still doesn't answer why all the clever cunts on here are not top football managers.

After the 1955 FA Cup Final which we lost to Newcastle the manager said we will be back next year.
We were and we beat Birmingham.
So next year will be our year.
And Sam Cowan as captain said that after City lost the 1934 (?) Cup Final to Everton. As a youngster I only personally remember 1955-56 however.

On Pep that one and the rest of the team totally unbalanced by his selection. Only good thing that came out of today was enjoying the match experience with my best mate who just happens to be my daughter who I haven't seen for months. Cant wait to get back to the Etihad with her next season

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.