Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Sick of reading this crap about Sterling shouldn't have been playing. He's scored 10 goals from 31 Prem starts this season. On that basis Chelsea should have lost because they picked Werner - he's only scored 6 from 35 starts so Tuchel could have dropped Werner for the same reasons based on that theory.

I cannot believe that so many people are so naive that they think all you need to do is pick your current best 11 players and you'll win. I can't believe I'm having to say this, but it doesn't quite work like that.
Werner for all his faults puts in a lot of effort as seen by his movement and pressing yesterday. He’s been crucial to their set up recently. Sterling has not, there’s the difference

Absolutely gutted by this. Team selection effectively negated 2 of our best attacking players. Before the game I was thinking the only way we will lose this will be if the ref screws us over or Pep comes up with a bizarre team selection. I just don't get it.

Couldn't bear to watch the post match stuff, was there any analyse of the handball?

All those whining that Pep fucked up would be the same ones lauding him as a genius if his team selection had paid off last night.

Simple fact is Chelsea were well drilled and nullified our threat, and we made mistakes. Personally I thought the early antics of the referee unsettled our players, but we have to be stronger in that kind if situation.

Still had a great season, and we will learn from this.

Let's be honest, this has happened a few times now so where is the evidence that we (Pep) will learn from this?

Lost to Chelsea 3 times in 2months without laying a glove on them. I think Peo helped them by insulting them in the FA Cup semi where he picked a second team. Azpilecuta comments after game were telling he said ‘the CL trophy had already been handed out’. I’m absolutely devastated let’s not forget Chelsea have struggled this last few weeks and last night we managed 1 shot on target. Just as he gave David Silva 5 mins against Lyon he gave Dinho and Aguero fuck all opportunity to make a difference. Not a single one of our front 5 got going and that was mainly due to most of them starting out of position. Gundogan as DM was a disaster. We didn’t control any aspect of that game.
The treatment of Aguero last night has particularly pissed me off.

The Morning after the night before...
I hope we didin't over celebrate the title presentation last Sunday way into the week and took our focus from last night..
Also bear in mind Villa on the same day beat this Chelsea team in a match Chelsea had to play 100% to confirm a top 4 place..

Werner for all his faults puts in a lot of effort as seen by his movement and pressing yesterday. He’s been crucial to their set up recently. Sterling has not, there’s the difference
I agree it was werners fishing that kept the game at 1-0 his movement was excellent and Stones and Dias struggled first half stones especially.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.