Champions League Final | Post-Match Thread

Having slept on I now think pep should come out and say he got it wrong because this game the biggest in our history should have been the icing on a remarkable season but no he has to make even that one change to upset the dynamics and bringing in the player who has been out of form all season whilst also dropping the best player against PSG was a shocking error . A lot of our players shit the bed last night in fact provably all of them to a degree but we will come again. Can’t see us winning the champions league with pep tbh but I’ll always take a he league over it anyway but one coming out of last night is sterling needs going ASAP .

No point in sugar coating it. We wasted a great opportunity last night, and it’s incredibly frustrating. Pep got it badly wrong when it mattered the most. Still love him though, and let’s hope it fires us on to even greater success next season.

The only explanation I can think of for peps team selection. Is his obsession with having the best final that would be remembered for years accepting that we would concede goals but would win 5 3 or similar with our attacking players but it didn't happen .if he had a dm I think we would have won. But not with as much style

Just watched the game back (thankfully I forgot the score after 10 pints). Absolutely fucking gutted man, such a sad way to end the season but fuck it. We go again next season. City

Still can't believe that in the biggest game of the season, Pep decided to go against what had worked best right up until that point. As if he learnt nothing from Dortmund, or PSG.

Playing a guy alone in a position that he hasn't played all season, where he's been largely awful ever since joining us, and moving him from the position that he's finally had a breakout season in. Where he was settled and clearly playing his best football, to having all his weaknesses exposed.

The brain fart to end all brain farts.
Yeah, but Pep never overthinks, it‘s a ridiculous cliche....

No point in sugar coating it. We wasted a great opportunity last night, and it’s incredibly frustrating. Pep got it badly wrong when it mattered the most. Still love him though, and let’s hope it fires us on to even greater success next season.

Thats hope the players still love him. Because he well and truly fucked up their chance of win it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.