Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Two articles in the DT this morning. First, Roberto, Crown Prince of Belgium agrees with my view of the Crüdiger challenge, and thinks it was a red card. Kev might miss the Euros. Roberto doesn't seem to have a grasp of how these games are reffed - no Uefa placed ref is gonna give us half an hour playing against ten - red card or no!

Secondly, Generalfeldmarschall Tuchel wants to build Roman 'an empire'. Would that be a Russian Empire, or a German one? I've always held dear the idea of being wary of Greeks bearing gifts, and Germans who want to build an empire.

Tuchel has to win the league next season or be out the door that’s how Chelsea work and what happened to the last champs league winner..

Sam Lee reporting some players are unhappy

It's hardly a surprise
Three very good players not getting game time and I would think this forum wouldn't be disappointed if we sold Jesus and Sterling for good money and invested into a 30 goal a season forward
I really can see Sterling going to Spurs as part of a Kane deal

Yeah, The Athletic were pumpin' a tale that Sergio wasn't happy about the manner of his leaving. If his brother is right about Pep not wanting him, firstly, there would have been a player revolt, I am certain, and secondly, he would have been sold. Managers don't want to hang on to players they don't want to figure in their plans.
Aguero possibly wasn't in Pep's plans when he arrived, but through hardwork he convinced him otherwise that he could play his game. His contract has come to an end, and at the age he is with the injury problems he has, we've decided to not extend for two years. It's football, it's business, all the key players understand it as that, there really isn't any other story here.

Two articles in the DT this morning. First, Roberto, Crown Prince of Belgium agrees with my view of the Crüdiger challenge, and thinks it was a red card. Kev might miss the Euros. Roberto doesn't seem to have a grasp of how these games are reffed - no Uefa placed ref is gonna give us half an hour playing against ten - red card or no!

Secondly, Generalfeldmarschall Tuchel wants to build Roman 'an empire'. Would that be a Russian Empire, or a German one? I've always held dear the idea of being wary of Greeks bearing gifts, and Germans who want to build an empire.

I seem to remember commentators in other games explaining that the ref waited until he learned the extent of a players injury before deciding whether to hand out a red or yellow card. Nothing said about the undue haste to hand out a yellow on this occasion. We also had idiot Clattenburg saying the penalty we were refused was not comparable to the one awarded against Spurs in their final because his hand was by his side. If I remember correctly, the ball was aimed at the player from barely a couple of feet away and the Spurs defender had no chance of avoiding it. If the penalty claim had been against us, you can bet there would have relentless coverage of the offence from every conceivable angle.
No complaints about the result, just amazed that so many blues were happy with the shit show produced by the ref.

Sam Lee reporting some players are unhappy

If thats the case, get them sold then. Get who we want in and continue to move forwards

No time for sentiment. Sterling doesn't offer what is required on the wing anymore, the tactics we face with the low block make him useless

Gabby hasn't kicked on anyway and wont get us the 25 plus goals we need season in season out. Its a shame but it hasn't worked out in the way we thought it would

Laporte did that interview where he said he was happy at City but would have to address options in regards to playing time - that made him a shoe-in for one of the players reported to be unhappy.
Disappointed as you want a CB like Laporte to step up to the challenge, but he seems to have not been up for it after Dias arrived and made a difference to not just the team but on Stones as well - so if he doesnt want the challenge to force his way in he can go as well

Even if we'd won 7-0 we'd get negative bullshit articles like Lee shitstirring to get new subs into his employer.

I really don't think there's such thing as a sports journalist now. They are more PR staff for the people that pay them most to spout their bile to gullible people falling for the clickbait and sensationalism of sports news channels.

Last edited by a moderator:
I seem to remember commentators in other games explaining that the ref waited until he learned the extent of a players injury before deciding whether to hand out a red or yellow card. Nothing said about the undue haste to hand out a yellow on this occasion. We also had idiot Clattenburg saying the penalty we were refused was not comparable to the one awarded against Spurs in their final because his hand was by his side. If I remember correctly, the ball was aimed at the player from barely a couple of feet away and the Spurs defender had no chance of avoiding it. If the penalty claim had been against us, you can bet there would have relentless coverage of the offence from every conceivable angle.
No complaints about the result, just amazed that so many blues were happy with the shit show produced by the ref.
The foul on Salah by Ramos didn't get a red either, but by God, it generated more column inches than this one on Kevin. Ramos and Crüdiger both knew what they were attempting, and succeeded - put the danger man out of the game!

Call me old fashioned of you like but I always thought news was something that has just happened, not what some random bloke thinks is going to happen.

This is correct but in the absence of actual news they still need to have content on their site so they produce conjecture* and pass it off as being equal value to real news.

*Some call it conjecture. Others call it bollocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.