Celtic thread 2020/21

So naive. ;-)
He was apparently covert, sent there as a sleeper. If we’d sent them Stuart Pearce, they might have had reason to grumble.
I think the fact a lot of their support have red sympathies of one strain or another when it comes to English clubs is clouding their judgement to the point of lunacy. The informal relationship between the clubs’ youth and scouting set ups has only been beneficial to Celtic.
In fact it’s actually harder to see or quantify what City have got out of it the deal in comparison, except for a small sell-on fee for Frimpong. And I say that as someone whose late dad and many relations were/are Celtic fanatics.

I think the fact a lot of their support have red sympathies of one strain or another when it comes to English clubs is clouding their judgement to the point of lunacy. The informal relationship between the clubs’ youth and scouting set ups has only been beneficial to Celtic.
In fact it’s actually harder to see or quantify what City have got out of it the deal in comparison, except for a small sell-on fee for Frimpong. And I say that as someone whose late dad and many relations were/are Celtic fanatics.
A couple of Celtic fans on their forum make a similar point (i.e. what have we gained?), but I think it's more paranoia that their club is set to be swallowed by the CFG Leviathan than any anti-City leanings. Think anything that impinges either of the Old Firm can quickly descend into conspiracy theories.

A couple of Celtic fans on their forum make a similar point (i.e. what have we gained?), but I think it's more paranoia that their club is set to be swallowed by the CFG Leviathan than any anti-City leanings. Think anything that impinges either of the Old Firm can quickly descend into conspiracy theories.
I think if CFG were ever to look at investing in a club in Scotland they would avoid those two like the plague, if nothing else because of all the religious and political baggage. Someone like Motherwell or St Mirren would be more likely

I think if CFG were ever to look at investing in a club in Scotland they would avoid those two like the plague, if nothing else because of all the religious and political baggage. Someone like Motherwell or St Mirren would be more likely
I'm just not sure there could be any point in investing in any Scottish club. The whole structure is anticompetitive and the quality of football is frankly appalling.

Fuck sake, will people stop reading a few comments from fans and thinking that's what we all think? Ta

Great football & Scottish Football don't really go well together. Place like Dingwall & Perth & Livingston don't really create the circumstance for it. It's win, at win at all costs, because if he doesn't start off well, & I'm talking about the first dozen or so games, the knives will be out. He won't get the grace that a more high profile appointment like Howe will because he's already on the back foot with the support.

Why target him and someone like Howe then? How did they play under Rodgers?

That's what Howe is known, for above all. Otherwise, sounds like Fat Sam may be a better fit.

Anyway, I don't think that's going to faze Ange. Going through Asian backwaters, playing in horrible conditions on dog tracks against parochial national crowds for hit and run missions will have toughened him enough to handle trips around Scotland.

Last edited:
Better they invested in a good auld scotch team…..I’d go for Berwick lol

There isn’t a cat in hell's chance that Celtic will become part of CFG.

Nor Rangers, come to that.

The very size and standing of both clubs precludes that happening.

Being a Melbourne lad he is bound to do well (Lol)

Seriously it will be interesting to see how he goes. From his early days in the old NSL he has shown he can get results and play attacking football, his problem will be he tends to clean out squads and can upset some.

If he survives first 5 or 6 games he should prove to everyone he is a quality tactician and decent man manager.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.