Chelsea thread 2020/21

Next season, I think they’ll be a bit like Liverpool in the Gerrard era. Brilliant in the ‘big games’ but they might find it difficult against weaker opposition when the onus is on them to attack.

Unless they can bring in a top class striker, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see both Liverpool and United finishing above them.

Tuchel averaged 2 points per game, so if he'd had the season and managed that, he could have had them second. They'll definitely be challenging for the title next season, but with the lowest goals for rate of all teams in the top seven (behind even West Ham, Spurs, Leicester), a top striker is necessary. Wouldn't be surprised if they signed Haaland.

They'll also have to be careful with Kante. He'll not get much rest with the Euros and he's been picking up more and more hamstring injuries in recent seasons.

Type in Chelsea’s lowest premier league crowd and hey presto

may 4th 1994
Chelsea 1-2 Coventry
Attendance 8923

and there are a fair few around the 10k mark before the late Harding made football fashionable at Stamford bridge
Yep. Same season - November 22nd 1993 we played them at the Bridge and the attendance was just over 10k. It was a freezing cold Monday night and the most boring 0-0 draw I can ever remember. The only interesting thing was that we were the last set of away fans to stand on that terrace and according to their match day programme work was to begin on demolishing it the very next morning.

I would add that for their very poor home crowds around that time, their numbers away from home were very impressive. We played them about a month earlier in an early League Cup round and they brought several thousand.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.