Everton thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
everton could be better off without Ancelotti ? maybe a young manager with something to prove Phil Neville

While I agree with sentiment, it’s rather like going from a glass of Barolo to a glass of English Chardonnay. Everton fans might not be as enamoured with that prospect, and I think we’d be the same if Guardiola suddenly exited stage left and someone suggested Potter. Ancelotti was a major coup for Everton. I rate Potter but think he still needs to take Brighton higher or find an intermediate club.
As you said, ancelotti was a coup, there's not an abundance of quality managers out of a job so I don't think they can't expect to pull off another appointment in the same mould.

Everton aren't doing anything in the next few years regardless of who they bring in, the gap is too big to the top with too many I between them, they need to look long term with sustained building of the squad over a number of seasons with quality signings every year and a defined style.

I think somebody like Potter would be a great appointment, far better than the likes of moyes, howe, nuno lampard, benitez and Rooney that appear to be top of the bookies lists. Conte is the only established manager they could go out and get who has a similar reputation to ancelotti but he rarely stays at a club for long enough for it to be worthwhile.

I'm glad he's left them high and dry, nit a fan of Everton since the grief they gave us during the Lescott saga.
Blimey!

That's water under the bridge now and has been for years.

I too hated Everton - and Gollum - for a while after Joleon joined us, but I doubt there are many still at Goodison from that time.

As you said, ancelotti was a coup, there's not an abundance of quality managers out of a job so I don't think they can't expect to pull off another appointment in the same mould.

Everton aren't doing anything in the next few years regardless of who they bring in, the gap is too big to the top with too many I between them, they need to look long term with sustained building of the squad over a number of seasons with quality signings every year and a defined style.

I think somebody like Potter would be a great appointment, far better than the likes of moyes, howe, nuno lampard, benitez and Rooney that appear to be top of the bookies lists. Conte is the only established manager they could go out and get who has a similar reputation to ancelotti but he rarely stays at a club for long enough for it to be worthwhile.
Fully agree with your sustained building point, but Leicester City’s phenomenal success (Srivaddhanaprapabha bought them in 2010 and they won the league within 6 years) is what owners want, and fans of bigger clubs see that success and want that for themselves, understandably.

On the manager point, perhaps this is what we’re going to see even more of each summer: short-term appointments and an almost annual managerial merry go round. There’s normally a raft of coaches available after an international tournament as well, so we can anticipate even more availability later in the summer. While the allure of Real Madrid/Barcelona/PSG remains high, England has the wealth now and Everton would be a highly attractive proposition.

It’s also difficult to predict how ‘great‘ any manager like Potter will be because we’re not privy to the lie of the land at certain clubs. Players are human and I just have an inkling that coming out of the pandemic, quite a few players may reappraise their lives and move club/country; whoever enters at Everton may face a greater challenge than we appreciate.

What I feel more confident about predicting is that with so many changes this summer, there are going to be some bloody strange results in the opening half of next season.

Blimey!

That's water under the bridge now and has been for years.

I too hated Everton - and Gollum - for a while after Joleon joined us, but I doubt there are many still at Goodison from that time.
Still the same horrible scrowty fans

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.