Flight 12 Champions League Final

As a fellow ‘Flight 12’ survivor you really couldn’t write it! Looking back some surreal moments, particularly the ladies that when entering their allocated rooms at around 6 am at the holiday inn were confronted with people already in bed!!!
Then coaches taking us to airport with Chelsea signs in window and flags inside... all destroyed by fellow blues before boarding..!!
Thinking of having t shirts printed for fellow survivors... having something mocked up next couple of days for anyone interested as badge of honour for future away days.
Anyone interested let me know... can fellow survivors let friends know, post on other sites for me please!
As a fellow survivor, it was hard for me to cut the wristband off when we got home. Felt obliged to wear it for longer like a war wound. Would wear a shirt with pride.

A memorable trip. Big thanks to fellow blues who were able to see the funny side when we were there. Some great laughs and really good .

On the flip side, I’m not going to forget the four blokes who decided to take separate hotel rooms at the Holiday Inn when the condition for being bussed there at 5:30 in the morning was that people would club together... and they got the last three toothbrushes from the reception desk. Hard-faced jerks.

Attachments

• B059CECA-9A35-4703-BF34-AAA16366A449.jpeg
    B059CECA-9A35-4703-BF34-AAA16366A449.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
As a fellow survivor, it was hard for me to cut the wristband off when we got home. Felt obliged to wear it for longer like a war wound. Would wear a shirt with pride.

A memorable trip. Big thanks to fellow blues who were able to see the funny side when we were there. Some great laughs and really good .

On the flip side, I’m not going to forget the four blokes who decided to take separate hotel rooms at the Holiday Inn when the condition for being bussed there at 5:30 in the morning was that people would club together... and they got the last three toothbrushes from the reception desk. Hard-faced jerks.
Nearly forgot to mention, what was that bus journey from gate 8 at 5am all about? You could not write it. Still laughing now.

I’m getting over the surreal experience now but am still annoyed about those hard faced gits who took the single rooms. Even when blues in the queue were saying come on guys we’ve all agreed to share they said they had agreed it with the guys at the airport - rubbish.
I do keep laughing at the 20m bus ride & the faces of the guys on passport control as they wondered where we’d come from.
In typical blues fashion by next afternoon we were all laughing with each other. We won’t forget it that’s for sure.
Remember there is no such thing as a free lunch!

I'm pretty sure Flight 12 must have been an elaborate prank ... even when we finally got back to Porto Airport post-hotel on Sunday afternoon, and joined the queue to get a new boarding pass (they'd torn our originals the night before & couldn't now accept a torn one), just as we were reaching the front of the queue, their computer systems went down and everything ground to a halt.

Literally nothing went according to plan, from start to finish.

Including the match, of course !
The funniest bit in (at the start) with only one desk open and the confusion of everyone needing a new ticket, was when all burst into song singing "we are not really here"

On a serious point are those on flight 12 allowed to claim for flight cancellation under civil aviation rules ( I know we did not pay for flights) but it’s compensation not a refund

You didn't take your toothbrush?

On a serious point are those on flight 12 allowed to claim for flight cancellation under civil aviation rules ( I know we did not pay for flights) but it’s compensation not a refund
Don't know if it will be successful but my son and I have already put in a claim. Will post result on here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.