Champions League - 2021/22

There is always 1 or 2 top clubs that fails to get out of group stage alive, who is it gonna be this time.

I want a Bayern-TBC-Porto-Milan group with TBC being any of below:
United
Pool
Barca

We need something like this:
City-Sevilla-Benfica-Brugge. Keeps the travels to minimum kind of, should be easy top of group.

Always noticeable through the dynamics of qualification and seedings how fortune changes season on season.

2020-21 Porto and Zenit in pot one due to Bayern covering two bases (German champs and CL holders), and Russian champs - Inter in pot four.
2021-22 Usual pot one Real/Barca/PSG/Juventus in pot two due to domestic failure, Kyiv a level lower than Shakhtar, despite being Ukrainian champions.

That Pot 2 is mental. Just goes to show how under par they've been in their respected leagues. I just hope we don't get Barca. Be fantastic if we can go all the way again. I'm going to start a St Petersburg fund just in case.:)

I'm thinking that Pot 2 is a reflection of chickens coming home to roost. Those "big" names achieved their dominance using money they didn't have and borrowing against income they thought they'd ring-fenced. Our emergence and Covid have changed the landscape. Long may it continue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.