Conspiracy theories......

Anybody remember that flat earther and his thread? What a discussion that turned out to be!

The thing that pisses me off about conspiracy nuts is their belief that they are cleverer than the 'non believers'.
I had a nursery nurse who's never been anywhere apart from her two weeks in the sun telling me on facebook that i ''need to open my eyes'' in a chat about climate change. Thereby implying that she knew more than me or the other 'sheep' that didn't subscribe to her tin-pot theories.
A bit like the Grealish fan boys in the transfer forum then?

the moon landing being fake is, for me, perhaps the pinnacle of traditional conspiracy theories.

it has a lot going for it, the US has to beat the USSR. At the time, technological prowess, brinkmanship and displaying the rocket capabilities were so important to the dick swinging contest that was the Cold War that faking it seems plausible in the context of all the other mad shit that went down during that conflict.

however, the lack of hard evidence says it all and, crucially for me, up to 400,000 people are estimated to have worked on the NASA project and for them all to keep schtum for so long? no chance. yes, perhaps only a few were privvy to the actual fake 'landing' but i think the principle stands. The fickleness of human nature will always come through.

For me it's a great conspiracy theory, with an actual genuinely plausible reason to be fake, not just "lizards" or "new world order" backhanded lazy stuff.

I am not one for conspiracies but I am still of the opinion that there was more to the JFK assasination than we have been told. I also do not trust the Chinese version of how the Covid pandemic started, there is something man made about the way this virus keeps mutating.

the moon landing being fake is, for me, perhaps the pinnacle of traditional conspiracy theories.

it has a lot going for it, the US has to beat the USSR. At the time, technological prowess, brinkmanship and displaying the rocket capabilities were so important to the dick swinging contest that was the Cold War that faking it seems plausible in the context of all the other mad shit that went down during that conflict.

however, the lack of hard evidence says it all and, crucially for me, up to 400,000 people are estimated to have worked on the NASA project and for them all to keep schtum for so long? no chance. yes, perhaps only a few were privvy to the actual fake 'landing' but i think the principle stands. The fickleness of human nature will always come through.

For me it's a great conspiracy theory, with an actual genuinely plausible reason to be fake, not just "lizards" or "new world order" backhanded lazy stuff.
And yet millions of ppl believe loony theories like the lizards that have no theoretical background at all. Why would the US gov stage a fake school massacre? Why would Bill Gates subvert the covid innoculation program? Where are all the ppl who boarded those planes on 9/11?
There is a new religion in which true believers have faith in the idea that powerful government operatives are controlling us through malign fake actions. Believe one of these and you tend to believe in them all.
I always have a little chuckle at scientology with its belief in an ancient alien takeover of earth.......founded by a science fiction writer.

I was just thinking of a counter point for the "Vaccine is a population control and kill you" theory.

1) Deep state are an ultra secretive organisation controlling the world and want to stay secret
2) Deep state created the virus to get as many possible get vaccinated to kill them off.

the logic flaw here is that if this deep state group wants to be and stay ultra secret, why would they kill off those people who don't believe in them and leave the ones that do?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.