Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greater Manchester

Weekly total cases:-

Tameside 201, Oldham 210, Rochdale 295, Trafford 329, Bury 346, Wigan 441, Stockport 503, Salford 574, Bolton 934, Manchester 1151.

The table above tells its own shocking story. Bolton no longer top in GM as it has been for 2 weeks or more. Eve though up a bit today.

Manchester which is not surprisingly nearly always top scorer given its size is once up huge and pulling well clear.

We now have to await some sign others can turn things around like Bolton has. Because the story is just of huge riss - especially from Salford andStockport. Srockport was lowest scorer around 50 cases a coupke of weeks back but is now ten times that number. Pro rata has actually done the worst over the past 7 days.

Nobody now lewft below 200 now either when only Manchester and Bolton were those two weeks back.

The fact you’re providing figures to show there are people in hospital who’ve had the vaccine shows that your statement of “Every single case of the current hospitalisations haven't had a jab” was incorrect.
So you admit you were wrong on first point then. Like I said 7 people at the end of May 0, at the start of June

GM Weekly Pop Data after today:~

Borough / Pop Today / 7 days ago / up or down wk to wk/ Testing is % of local population who have tested positive for Covid over past year.

As ever with Pop going up is bad, going down good - the higher the number the better or worse depending on direction moving. The Pop is total cases in past week versus 100,000 POPulation to even out the comparison versus size and expected cases based on numbers living there.

Bolton 325 / 379 / DOWN 54 Testing positive 10.7%

Salford 222 / 97 / UP 125 Testing positive 9.4%

Manchester 208 / 100 / UP 108 Testing positive 10.1%

Bury 180 / 100 / UP 80 Testing positive 9.4%

Stockport 172 / 60 / UP 112 Testing positive 7.5%

Trafford 139 / 57 / UP 82 Testing positive 7.3

Wigan 134 / 74 / UP 60 Testing positive 9.2%

Rochdale 133 / 86 / UP 47 Testing positive 9.9 %

Oldham 97 / 62 / UP 35 Testing positive 10.0%

Tameside 89 / 41 / UP 48 Testing positive 8.3

Nobody doing well in GM right now is the only way to call it. But relarively Tameide and Oldham are now well clear of the rest and have survived staying below 100 whilst everyone else is in orbit.

Bolton had its fitrst rise in Pop score in 10 days today unfortunately.

But to see Manchester, Salford and Stockport ALL over 100 io Pop Score wise in a week is pretty bad. One doing tht would be a worry but this variant is vdery clearly now deep rooted.

As Stockport is the most vaccinated borough in GM and Manchester and Salford the two least seeing them almost mifrpring one another is concerning.

Though Stockport is the lowest cases numbers of the three.

We should watch to see how these three go on in coming days and how hospital numbers in the three boroughs fare over coming days and weeks.

We should hope to see some difference in Stockport if the vaccine does indeed help stop transmission of the new variant in any way at all.

Latest Vaccine Update by Population Percentage for 10 GM boroughs

Borough/ First Dose / Both Doses / TODAY V YESTERDAY

BOLTON 71.9% / 47.7% V 71.6% / 47.2%

BURY 70.4% / 49.8% V 70. 0% / 49,2%

MANCHESTER 51.5 / 29.7 % V 51.1% / 29.4%

OLDHAM 66.3 % / 45.0% V 66.1% / 44.5%

ROCHDALE 69.5% / 44.5% V 69.2% / 44.0%

SALFORD 58.7 % / 39.8 % V 58.2% / 39.7%

STOCKPORT 74.2% / 52.8% V 73.8% / 52.3%

TAMESIDE 70.5% / 48.2 % V 70.4% / 47.6%

TRAFFORD 72.6% / 49.1% V 72.3% / 48.5%

WIGAN 74.1% / 51.7% V 73.5% / 51.3%

Bolton going well and has really turned the vaccination numbers round in past 3 weeks which may be a big factor in numbers falling.

Wigan catching up slowly to Stockport for most vaccinated. Manchester still do not have 30% with both doses when the UK have as a whole over 50% is still a concern.

Salford not that far behind.

Just read a news article and it had Tameside at the highest in the Country, at 900 per 100,000? Why is being reported completely wrong
What news article was that? Are you sure it was not a year old? I Googled and could not find one saying this.

Nowhere in the UK has a Pop of 900 right now or anywhere near. Bolton is only a third of that and Blackburm aroumd half.

One good thing about this wave versus January when much of the SE was over 1000. Nobody is that high.

Tameside as you see above is the lowest in GMs 10 boroughs.

Zoe App suggested it was the worst in the UK from data collected locally as I have beem reporting for a couple of weeks in my Zoe App data posts in here every day here.

But they gave up this over a week ago realising there was a glitch caused by too few people in the area knowing what an app was perhaps?

In any case it was glaringly obvious it was nonsense from the moment they reported this as I said in the Zoe reports here two weeks back and they soon figured that out and removed the data.

In any case Tameside is in reality the only GM borough right now not really in any trouble. Though even here has risen via the variant from 3 cases 2 weeks ago to 11 last week to 28 today - but in GM terms that is very good!

Manchester in the same period has gone 49 to 74 to 210. And Salford 8 to 28 to 122. And Stockport 8 to 15 to 102.

Would love to see the artcle claming Tameside is worse than those.

Last edited:
One thing Tameside has been the top of in the UK at - btw - and I have posted about this before in here over the past year - is in death rates at the hospital. It has always been up there - presumably because of it beimg a small borough with a hospital in it that will take people from outside the area so bolster numbers by default. And it did struggle in the early days of the pandemic with cases locally a bit.

But that was last year. Not now.

Last edited:
In other words Lockdown 4
Jesus christ, don't think I could cope with another lockdown.

Surely everyone now knows zero covid is not a possibility. For the sake sake of my mental health, no more lockdowns, surely vaccines was the key, if not we are fucked with endless lockdowns

Latest Vaccine Update by Population Percentage for 10 GM boroughs

Borough/ First Dose / Both Doses / TODAY V YESTERDAY

BOLTON 71.9% / 47.7% V 71.6% / 47.2%

BURY 70.4% / 49.8% V 70. 0% / 49,2%

MANCHESTER 51.5 / 29.7 % V 51.1% / 29.4%

OLDHAM 66.3 % / 45.0% V 66.1% / 44.5%

ROCHDALE 69.5% / 44.5% V 69.2% / 44.0%

SALFORD 58.7 % / 39.8 % V 58.2% / 39.7%

STOCKPORT 74.2% / 52.8% V 73.8% / 52.3%

TAMESIDE 70.5% / 48.2 % V 70.4% / 47.6%

TRAFFORD 72.6% / 49.1% V 72.3% / 48.5%

WIGAN 74.1% / 51.7% V 73.5% / 51.3%

Bolton going well and has really turned the vaccination numbers round in past 3 weeks which may be a big factor in numbers falling.

Wigan catching up slowly to Stockport for most vaccinated. Manchester still do not have 30% with both doses when the UK have as a whole over 50% is still a concern.

Salford not that far behind.
I'd assume Manchester, with its huge student population and younger minority groups is a mini London in terms of vaccinations. I think it might have the highest proportion of students in terms of population in the whole of Europe. We are only just starting on the under 30s so hopefully that will start to impact the numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.