Covid and travel discussion

It hasn't just been recently announced.
It was discussed on this very thread a couple of months ago when Thailand released the plans to have 1st July for Phuket and 1st October for a different area of the country as their plans for tourism return.

Their government might just have recently confirmed it still plans to proceed with the 1st July re-opening despite the Covid issues, but it's been in the news since March.

Thailand to Reopen Phuket to Vaccinated Tourists From July - Bloomberg

Quick edit to say that if the 'just recently announced' was in sole reference to the Gov saying they intend to crack on with 1st July then apologies, but the concept has been around for a while.

Their government might just have recently confirmed it still plans to proceed with the 1st July re-opening despite the Covid issues, but it's been in the news since March.

Thailand to Reopen Phuket to Vaccinated Tourists From July - Bloomberg

Quick edit to say that if the 'just recently announced' was in sole reference to the Gov saying they intend to crack on with 1st July then apologies, but the concept has been around for a while.

Yes the government now intend to reopen for vaccinated tourists and no quarantine.

I've just returned from Phuket 3 weeks ago, retired there in 2012. Tourists spots such as Patong, Karon and Kata have been ghost towns and the international airport has been closed with only Singapore airlines recently arriving.

Actually for me life is better without all the tourists, roads are safer and the golf courses offering fantastic discount deals.
Tough for the locals though, they desperately need them to return.

We've just got back from a break in the Lakes, and IMO that's what trips in the UK are...breaks not holidays. We really enjoyed it (helped by good weather), found a spot that was very quiet and will be going again. But I wouldn't swap it for 10 days in Croatia or a long weekend in San Sebastian. Hopefully soon we will be able to do both...

Yes the government now intend to reopen for vaccinated tourists and no quarantine.

I've just returned from Phuket 3 weeks ago, retired there in 2012. Tourists spots such as Patong, Karon and Kata have been ghost towns and the international airport has been closed with only Singapore airlines recently arriving.

Actually for me life is better without all the tourists, roads are safer and the golf courses offering fantastic discount deals.
I keep wondering how local people in Thailand, Bali etc are managing.
Must be very tough with no tourists, how are they earning a crust ?

We've just got back from a break in the Lakes, and IMO that's what trips in the UK are...breaks not holidays. We really enjoyed it (helped by good weather), found a spot that was very quiet and will be going again. But I wouldn't swap it for 10 days in Croatia or a long weekend in San Sebastian. Hopefully soon we will be able to do both...

Was it Windermere? Going on Friday

Would you recommend Kamala for a couple of weeks holiday?

Just received our E tickets for our holiday to Greece with Jet2 on the 4th of July, but we did get a email last week saying if Greece is still in Amber we can change our holiday or have a refund, they have been brilliant already had to change it twice

Would you recommend Kamala for a couple of weeks holiday?
I know it wasn't asked to me but I'll give my opinion if you don't mind.

It depends what you're after really. It's quite a bit quieter than Patong but still has a decent selection of bars and restaurants and is only a few minutes away from Patong if you want more lively. Have to be careful in the sea at Kamala though as there are undercurrents and most years there are a few drownings (same with Surin on the other side). It's nice enough but it wouldn't be my choice personally. Again it depends what you are looking for.

Phuket is a small enough island that nothing is really too far away.

Just let my £240 deposit go to Jet 2. They wanted me to pay the remaining balance of £3284. Oludeniz, Turkey has got no chance of being anywhere near the green list.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.