Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that but Spuds are not in a strong position. Kane has backed them into a corner. If the best offer in from Chelsea they're going to have to take it.
How has he backed them into a corner?

I wonder if Chelsea are attempting to include players as part of the deal?

They might, Chelsea have heaps of young high potential players who fit Dortmund’s model but because Dortmund develop players in their first team there are limited opportunities but I could see a couple of Chelsea players moving to Dortmund.

How has he backed them into a corner?

Telling the Chairman face to face he wants to leave… may just have changed the relationship between Kane and the club… and definitely with the supporters- most of whom seem resigned to Kane leaving.

Sadly, this is a possibility.
Anything is a possibility. Haaland might sign for Chelsea and break his leg and never play again, Tuchel loses 5 games in a row and gets sacked.
Haaland is absolutely no guarantee of anything. Nothing in football is.

Fucking hell. People in here need to calm down a bit.

It's not as simple as paying more money. This isn't a car auction. The lad has a choice.

If he signs a five year contract and only stays those five years, that is fine with me. If in the fourth year someone comes with a big check, that’s fine too. I repeat, it’s unrealistic to expect ANY player to come and stay the rest of their career here
However, a superstar player that is able to compete at the highest level at their current club AND has every reason to stay, not only for the sporting reasons but because they make more money that way. Messi stayed his entire career in Barcelona and is a rich man. Cristiano Ronaldo with 6 years at United then 9 years in Madrid, the same. Anyone who thinks Raiola doesn’t understand what every other agent understands, besides overestimating his own role in Haaland’s career planning, is also underestimating his own aptitude
Cheque.

He's did interviews before the end of the season about how Spuds are shit and will be shit for the foreseeable
This changes nothing. Even if he had done zero interviews, anyone who wants him has to pay a determined fee

But you also don't want Spurs to think Kane is the only game in town. You need the ability to walk away - doesn't ending interest in Haaland hugely increase Spurs' leverage on Kane?

Of course, and nobody at City has said we have walked away from Haaland, which is the correct stance, as you rightly say.

The only issue is that if Chelsea did somehow complete on Haaland in quick fashion, while Kane is still at the Euros, we are knackered anyhow.

He said in public he wanted his future sorted before the Euros, which seems very unlikely.

Certainly more unlikely than Haaland moving before Kane, if indeed the reports are true he has been talking to Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.