Words we don’t use anymore

When I was about 8 my mum used a word that I have not heard before or since. I had a plastic badminton set and had a bad habit of sucking the handle end of one of the rackets. One day the ice cream van parked up our road and I stupidly raced to it with the handle of the racket in my mouth. I tripped over the step on our path and the end stuck in my throat. My mum pulled it out and blood began to run out of my mouth. She gave me salt water to gargle with as she phoned the ambulance. She said on the phone "My son's "brobbed" the back of his mouth/throat with a plastic racket." I remember her saying that to the ambulance crew too.
Funny how some years later I was sent to my room for using it. I said to my mum "I watched a film at my mates last night, in which Miss Lovelace had the back of her throat "brobbed" my several large cocks!"

Last edited:
When I was about 8 my mum used a word that I have not heard before or since. I had a plastic badminton set and had a bad habit of sucking the end of one of the rackets. One day the ice cream van parked up our road and I stupidly raced to it with the end of the racket in my mouth. I tripped over the step on our path and the end stuck in my throat. My mum pulled it out and blood began to run out of my mouth. She gave me salt water to gargle with as she phoned the ambulance. She said on the phone "My son's "brobbed" the back of his mouth/throat with a plastic racket. I remember her saying that to the ambulance crew too.
Funny how some years later however I was sent to my room for using it. I said to my mum "I watched a film at my mates last night, in which Miss Lovelace had the back of her throat "brobbed" my several large cocks!"
I assume you mean the handle end.

Lakin - playing out.
Footballs losing - the people are leaving the football ground
Midden - outside toilet as in Stop bloody lakin on midden
Larrup ya - when your mam hits you
Sen - self. As in 'oo wa she wi she wah with her sen (translated who was she with? She was by her self

All good Batley Yorkshire words. I was born in Manchester and when I went to grandma's in batley I didn't understand her

Brouhaha (pronounced 'brewhaha') - heard it in a victorian drama the other day on TV - means a din, or loud noise. Just liked the word basically and think kids should be told not to make such a loud brouhaha.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.