EURO 2020 | General discussion

Who will win Euro 2020?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It genuinely makes me sad when I think that, as a proud Englishman, although I’m looking forward to the tournament itself, I’m not looking forward to watching my own country play - and I love my country.

This apathy has undeniably increased over the years, and I believe a lot of it is down to a succession of managers saying ‘I will not just pick players based on the clubs they play for,’ then going ahead and doing precisely that.
Time and time again I’ve watched England play and thought ‘Why the fuck is (insert name of any rag or dipper) in this team?‘ Because it invariably is a player from one of those two clubs who will be in the side regardless of form, or even ability. And sadly, Southgate appears to be following in the footsteps of most of the England managers before him by doing just what they all did…shoehorning in a player simply because of the club he represents.

I would really like to watch England’s progress with a degree of optimism, but once again I just can’t find it, I’m afraid.

Really?

we're likely to start with 2 man u players, Shaw and Rashford and not one Liverpool player

besides the fact you are incorrect it's also really petty, i hate spurs but couldn't care less if the England team was all spurs every tournament

England are likely to have more players from Man City than any other club - Walker, Foden, Stones, possibly Sterling

You have just stated a same old cliche that the Manager just picks players from Man U/Liverpool

whilst forgetting he picks the youngest squad in the tournament at the WC and we have so much exciting young talent from all variety of clubs in that squad.

This poll is basically tick the country that you are from or currently live in, apart from the favourites and the North Macedonian goons!

I found it really weird that England are second favourites to win the Euros.
But then again what do I know compared to the experts at the bookmakers.
C'mon England.

View attachment 18707
The English love to bet.
The only reason England (or anyone for that matter) are favourites is because they have had the most money lumped on them. It's how bookies always manage to make money.

Could also be tick the country you have liked most when visiting. I am lucky enough to have been to all of them and feel positively about many of them (including N Macedonia!).
The two who’ve voted for Hungary made me chuckle. Managed a creditable 0-0 draw at home to Ireland last night and are in the same group as Germany, France and Portugal.

Good luck with that!

Really?

we're likely to start with 2 man u players, Shaw and Rashford and not one Liverpool player

besides the fact you are incorrect it's also really petty, i hate spurs but couldn't care less if the England team was all spurs every tournament

England are likely to have more players from Man City than any other club - Walker, Foden, Stones, possibly Sterling

You have just stated a same old cliche that the Manager just picks players from Man U/Liverpool

whilst forgetting he picks the youngest squad in the tournament at the WC and we have so much exciting young talent from all variety of clubs in that squad.
I’m not just talking about this tournament though. As far back as I can remember rag players have been picked to represent their country whether or not their form deserves it, and still it continues to this day.

The fact that there will probably be a bigger selection of City players in the squad right now is neither here nor there: Southgate is a yes-man and his football is bloody awful - utter dross in fact. And if I choose to ignore his dull, safety-first style that’s my choice…petty or not.

I’m not just talking about this tournament though. As far back as I can remember rag players have been picked to represent their country whether or not their form deserves it, and still it continues to this day.

The fact that there will probably be a bigger selection of City players in the squad right now is neither here nor there: Southgate is a yes-man and his football is bloody awful - utter dross in fact. And if I choose to ignore his dull, safety-first style that’s my choice…petty or not.
Wes Brown 23 caps I rest your case. Basically if your English and play for one of the big boys you are pretty much guaranteed a place. SWP had to go and sit on Chelseas bench to get a regular call up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.