Words we don’t use anymore

Game of wall-y anyone ?
Or pronounced wall-e ?
easier to say than spell
Sort of collective game where you boot a ball against a big wall, start with three or so keepers trying to stop the shots. If your shot saved, you go on the wall and become a keeper. Last one shooting wins

Game of wall-y anyone ?
Or pronounced wall-e ?
easier to say than spell
Sort of collective game where you boot a ball against a big wall, start with three or so keepers trying to stop the shots. If your shot saved, you go on the wall and become a keeper. Last one shooting wins
Kickcan too!

Game of wall-y anyone ?
Or pronounced wall-e ?
easier to say than spell
Our version of wall-ee growing up was a little different. Like squash. Three or 4 of us and you had to kick in the same order.
First person kicks the ball at the wall and 2nd person does the same.... then the 3rd etc ball wasn't allowed to stop and had to hit the wall when kicked. If it didn't hit the wall you were out

Lengthsman it dates back to the 1700's.

But now the council have decided shouldnt have the word man.

So we are now technician lol technicians to what I havent a clue ! Litter picking ? Grass cutting ? Watering plants ? Graffiti removal ?

We saw nothing wrong with lenghts- person.

I don't know if kids still use it, but the term 'doggy bone'
I can't remember it exactly, but it was something to do with the game one man and only being able to score on a volley? Or half volley..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.