How well do you know your neighbours/neighbourhood ?

On one side of me is a family...the mum supports city and the dad is a ....he says he's a red, but he isn't arsed really.
On the other side is a house that's been renovated into student digs. BUT...some young lads have moved in. Young FOOTBALLERS! They go training everyday. I wonder which training ground and I wonder which club? !!! They've got a chaperone...some Dutch guy. He's rented the whole house for them.
Anyway,,,they cheered like fuck when Chelsea beat us!

There's woman who lives about 70 yards away. If she wants to know my inside leg measurements, she only has to ask.

Always keep my neighbours at arms length. Just enough to say hello to, but not so it gets friendly and what not. I’ve found that works just fine.
Perfect.

When we moved in, in the late 90's, there was a couple who befriended us. They're ok. Only trouble is, they argued/fought like Tom n Jerry, leaving us as innocent bystanders. They've since divorced, but are edging back together, even though she's slagged him off for 3 years to us, non stop.
Oh, and on a good day, she can scavenge for the World XI. Garlic, Oxo's, dishwasher tablets etc, but most irritatingly OUR booze, but we NEVER get anything back.

Neighbours should just be a quick wave in the street/over the fence....unless they live 70 yards away (see my earlier post).

Oh, and for our colonial cousins, there's a U in the word

Been in the house just over a year. Busy ish road of semi’s

the ones next door joining us we chat to over the fence and are nice enough.
Next door other side will nod hello.
And apart from the old city fan next door but one who ill chat to i couldnt tell u who they are in the other houses

In South London have lived in my place for almost 2 years. In our apartment block know one couples names, bloke downstairs to say hello to that's it, my other half knows woman across hall and chats to her. Place before 10 years only knew couple's either side.

My cousin lives in N Berwick and knows loads of people. Helps he's right on the beach but every time we go there there appears to be a good social scene going on.
And are they all natives or ‘incommers’?
Tbf NB is a smashing wee town so I’m not really surprised.

I live on a road of 1930's semi detached council houses, and about 70% of the houses are privately owned. Both my neighbours are council tenants that have lived there for years. Neighbour on one side is a divorced woman in her 50's, grown up kids, and she's milking the system. Neighbours on the other side are a bat-sh*t crazy old couple, and I'm pretty sure the guy next door to them on the other side is a drug dealer. Apart from the odd hello when I see them I don't really speak, because I really can't be arsed. We sometimes get a bit of bother from the mad old b*stards next door. It's usually her screaming at him at some unearthly hour and she did go through a spate of playing opera at full blast at 3am.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.