Newcastle United takeover?

Would be 10 clubs i'd rather see get big investment than these deluded horse punchin fuckers. Haven't won a proper trophy in over 65 years yet think they are bigger than us because they came runners up a few times in the mid 90s (through owner investment no less). Rather someone buy Sunderland or Wednesday. They haven't even won the league for 94 years.

But But But the media say they have one of the best and loyal fanbases in football(apart from the 80's where they averaged around 20,000 and sometimes even less per season)

If fact their attendances only started to raise when Keegan became manager and Freddie Shepard gave him a blank chequebook to buy players

But But But the media say they have one of the best and loyal fanbases in football(apart from the 80's where they averaged around 20,000 and sometimes even less per season)

If fact their attendances only started to raise when Keegan became manager and Freddie Shepard gave him a blank chequebook to buy players
If memory serves they averaged around 16.000 before Keegan rocked up.

If memory serves they averaged around 16.000 before Keegan rocked up.

Season before Keegan took over it was 16,834
Promotion season with him was 21,148
First season with him in The Premier League 29,018

Our season in the 3rd tier we averaged 28,273

Freddie Shepherd was the MD/CEO - just like Khaldoon is our figurehead in charge.
The money was supplied by Sir John Hall,who was a property developer.

I hope so. Another team challenging the cartel would be great.
How wonderful it would be to have the two biggest hypocritical clubs in English Premier League floundering below mid-table every season.
Exactly, another club outside the elite would push the yanks over the edge, bring it on, competition is good for everyone.

I'm also in for more Competition , bring it on , the takeover will mean more exciting matches and the League Title will be even more enjoyable.

But I also understand that clubs like Arsenal and Spurs and United don't want it to happen , another competition would mean they might get less money because the couldn't qualify for Europe.

I'm also in for more Competition , bring it on , the takeover will mean more exciting matches and the League Title will be even more enjoyable.

But I also understand that clubs like Arsenal and Spurs and United don't want it to happen , another competition would mean they might get less money because the couldn't qualify for Europe.
Not these tossers or Middlesbrough.
Would love to see Sunderland or Wednesday taken over like we were both have suffered like we did and stayed loyal.They dont seem entitled either.

Season before Keegan took over it was 16,834
Promotion season with him was 21,148
First season with him in The Premier League 29,018

Our season in the 3rd tier we averaged 28,273
Back when they last won the league 1927, they had the highest average attendance in England.

Strangely enough, the next season a "small" club in the 2nd tier had the highest average attendance in England, which also happened to be higher than Newcastle's average of the previous season.

Another factoid:
Newcastle have spent longer out of the top division than City in their history, 28 vs 26 years (NB City being 1 year older).

However, it appears that they are 4th in the all time total league attendances. City 6th - but I think the figures are uncomplete.
From: http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/england.htm - NB Mr James has also pointed out to me previously that some of the figures are wrong on that website.

These two already fail to qualify for chumps league

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.