#20 | Bernardo Silva - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bernardo has not been the same since that tweet fiasco and his performances have dropped so it doesn’t surprise me that the rumours are saying he’s going also if we are too bring in the calibre of players we need to move forward then we do need to sell some of our assets aswell . Sad to see him go but we move on .

Think we may both be disappointed on this bud.

But if he does go then I wish him well, he had a couple of great seasons and one of the best games I’ve ever seen from a City player (Liverpool home).
The amount of nonsense i've read on here over the last couple of weeks is staggering.
I would guess that not one player is going anywhere until after the euros but that doesn't seem to stop the itk's posting about estate agents (an old chestnut) the rain, mental health or a friend of a friend.
The worst is when some no-mark off twitter, who we already know is a twat, posts their 'opinion' and it is then re-hashed here as gospel.
I would be disappointed if he went but until i see a quote from any player or club about a player leaving, or joining, then i'll beleive it.
Saying that, i remember you calling (Barca or Chelsea) the Aguero move weeks ago. Mind you, Big Nige is a lot closer to the 'truth' than a fat geordie twat off of the internet..

The amount of nonsense i've read on here over the last couple of weeks is staggering.
I would guess that not one player is going anywhere until after the euros but that doesn't seem to stop the itk's posting about estate agents (an old chestnut) the rain, mental health or a friend of a friend.
The worst is when some no-mark off twitter, who we already know is a twat, posts their 'opinion' and it is then re-hashed here as gospel.
I would be disappointed if he went but until i see a quote from any player or club about a player leaving, or joining, then i'll beleive it.
Saying that, i remember you calling (Barca or Chelsea) the Aguero move weeks ago. Mind you, Big Nige is a lot closer to the 'truth' than a fat geordie twat off of the internet..
My feelings on Bernardo going aren’t from Nige this time if it helps. So I’m no more itk than you or Billy.

It’s weird to me that such a talented player who is so good at possession in tight spaces hasn’t been tried as KDBs partner in the left. That is probably Fodens position long term but there’s probably no player in our side, including Gundogan, who is quite as good at being able to hold the ball under pressure and calm the match for a moment before wriggling out of it. He isn’t and nobody will be David Silva but I won’t ever understand why it was always him or KDB when it could very well be him with KDB

Agree about his ability to protect the ball under pressure, but I get the impression Pep feels that Bernardo doesn't have the range and timing of pass to play as the second 8 alongside De Bruyne.

He knew the Manchester weather in 2019 when he signed a deal until 2025. No one forced him to do that.

Unless he genuinely expected the Manchester weather to change in 2 years.
Rubbish. He may have originally said to himself, despite the weather, I’ll commit four valuable years of my career here, then move on. There‘s fcuk all we can do about it but Mcr hardly tops many people’s list in the high life or climate stakes.

Can't compete for what though? What do those cities have that Manchester doesn't? Bearing in mind can't really say the landmarks as we're talking about living and not visiting.

If Bernardo wanted to go to Paris, when he see's the eiffel tower a few times and visits the Lourve for the second time, what else does Paris have to offer?

Genuinely interested.

Love it.

”Went abroad once and it was shit.“

I'll really miss him. I thought he represented City perfectly. :)

Humble character but a total dick to City rivals. You couldn't represent City more perfectly in my opinion.
While I understand City fans love it, I never liked Bernardo's coffee shop style guard of honour. It's disrespectful and true sportsmen and winners like Vinnie, Dias or Fern would never do that childish shite.

No ITK here of course, but I sense (and hope) City has focussed on winning mentality as a key aspect in scouting. Many good ballers out there, but to be there for the big moments you need both, technical brilliance and some tough mentality when it counts. Always been like that.

I see a couple of players in our squad who don't fit the latter point, and I'd include Bernardo. As likeable as he is as a person.

While I understand City fans love it, I never liked Bernardo's coffee shop style guard of honour. It's disrespectful and true sportsmen and winners like Vinnie, Dias or Fern would never do that childish shite.

No ITK here of course, but I sense (and hope) City has focussed on winning mentality as a key aspect in scouting. Many good ballers out there, but to be there for the big moments you need both, technical brilliance and some tough mentality when it counts. Always been like that.

I see a couple of players in our squad who don't fit the latter point, and I'd include Bernardo. As likeable as he is as a person.
Who are the others. I personally think he has one of the toughest mentalities in the squad. But it's all opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.