Platinum Season Tickets

I joined Platinum to catch up on points. I now have more than enough to get tickets for Wembley finals. I don’t go to more than the occasional away match so I don’t need that many more points. A couple of years to get me sufficient for a European final should another one arise. I will revert to Gold at that point.

Platinum! Could be next PPI scandal if they scrap it now !!!!
All that money people have laid out!!
Unfortunately I have been in it from the start and all the cup schemes even before 2012 and to remain in the pecking order I have to keep all my three in it still no escape. If they scrap it people will be better off financially but won’t move anywhere.

Same as scrapping points for aways, means I can pick and choose and not fall behind (even though I don’t)
However the 10 or so less glamorous games that go to all seasoncards with potentially 400 points (if on platinum) to gain will now never happen thus all stagnant and no one moves anywhere on the pecking order until someone croaks

Over the 10 months DD it works out and extra fiver per month or £15 in my case

edit - daughter has finally qualified from uni after 8 years so she can pay for her bloody own. Only £10 per month extra
my daughter qualified 16 years ago but i still pay for her ticket , always have . as soon as i raise the issue her and the wife gang up on me, calling me tight .

I seem to remember, and I might be wrong about this, that in the days when City used Viagogo to sell your seat for games you couldn’t make you had to be on Platinum to make use of the system. Which made it worth having for me because I can only make one or two midweek games a season and nothing around Christmas/ New Year. I abandoned Platinum a few years back when my points no longer were enough for the London away games and there was no prospect of ever catching up.

I seem to remember, and I might be wrong about this, that in the days when City used Viagogo to sell your seat for games you couldn’t make you had to be on Platinum to make use of the system. Which made it worth having for me because I can only make one or two midweek games a season and nothing around Christmas/ New Year. I abandoned Platinum a few years back when my points no longer were enough for the London away games and there was no prospect of ever catching up.
Yes that rings a bell. Maybe lasted a season or two.

my daughter qualified 16 years ago but i still pay for her ticket , always have . as soon as i raise the issue her and the wife gang up on me, calling me tight .
Always thought you seemed like a tight fucker Bill. Seems like I have many years (or decades) of paying for my 2 kids ahead of me

If the club remove the Platinum membership I will insist that they return to me the £350 which I have paid during the past 7 years.
Why? They won’t take away the points you bought

Now if they did away the points system altogether or drastically changed it you might have a good point

I joined Platinum to catch up on points. I now have more than enough to get tickets for Wembley finals. I don’t go to more than the occasional away match so I don’t need that many more points. A couple of years to get me sufficient for a European final should another one arise. I will revert to Gold at that point.

If your priority is finals, just join the cup schemes.
I think the cup scheme are fair. I also think there should be a cup scheme for members. someone who goes to all the prior cup matches shouldn't really be overtaken by a ST holder who just wants to go to finals. IMHO

Platinum is for those with fomo and disposable income. Anyone with fewer than 10k points going platinum is simply burning money. The gap is wide and widening and no amount of 50 quids will narrow it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.