Was there a Secret Female Pope?

I thought the cardinals after leaving conclave and voting in the next pontiff, performed a ceremony whereby the Pope was lifted and carried above them and that this ceremony is done partly to check the under carriage of said Pope. Only then can the white smoke go up.

Peter, the first Pope, named as such due to Christ’s desire that the Christian faith be built upon the rock he (Peter) represented (hence the word petrified- turned to stone; and the French for Peter- Pierre also meaning stone). Or did Our Good Lord mean the Church would be built upon his rocks (of the testicular variety). Some would say it’s all bollocks...

I thought the cardinals after leaving conclave and voting in the next pontiff, performed a ceremony whereby the Pope was lifted and carried above them and that this ceremony is done partly to check the under carriage of said Pope. Only then can the white smoke go up.
Sounds rather personal lol.

Thought I hadn’t dreamt it - just checked the font of knowledge that is Wikipedia:

As a consequence, certain traditions stated that popes throughout the medieval period were required to undergo a procedure wherein they sat on a special chair with a hole in the seat. A cardinal would have the task of putting his hand up the hole to check whether the pope had testicles, or doing a visual examination.[citation needed] This procedure is not taken seriously by most historians, and there is no documented instance. It is probably a scurrilous legend based on the existence of two ancient stone chairs with holes in the seats that probably dated from Roman times and may have been used because of their ancient imperial origins. Their original purpose is obscure.

The numbering system of Popes is slightly off. This is due to claims that a female Pope was removed from the records. This short video explores the claim a woman disguised as a monk rose through the ranks and became Pope.

I do like debating some of the questions thrown up by these videos you keep posting on a regular basis.
But that YouTube poster is fucking batshit mental. Ian Brown would love it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.