Noel Gallagher: Sky Arts - Out Of The Now

He's talented, I'll give him that. I like Oasis, he's still a tit.
Steered clear of all these debates. Knew most of the family as young lads pre-fame, my parents knew their parents really well, and I’m utterly drained by the never ending arguments.
Suffice to say, in that band there was one absolute hardcore #Bert, a City fan until he dies at Barlow school surrounded by reds, and one absolutely fucking shameless fucking opportunist who wore Celtic shirts in the Longsight pubs because they were decent back then and used to openly laugh at us for spending our meagre money to go and watch City.
You can sort out which was which

It's all subjective isn't it? In life not everybody is going to like you and if you become famous the net of people with an opinion on you widens. I've documented mine in other threads but they remain the same. They're two working class kids that have a talent and probably grew up very similarly to most of ourselves. They're just humans, with good and bad traits. On the whole they come across as okay and I'm pleased they made it, wrote and played some great tunes and put City on the map when the majority of the world didn't have a clue who we were. I've met them once in real life and I found them sound. Just like ourselves if someone met one on a bad day and they snapped at them, or gave them a slap they'll tell everyone they're a ****. 99 other people may have met them on a good day though and think, "They were alright with me."

I haven't got Sky so I can't watch the interview but I just found this one on YouTube. I think he comes across okay

It's all subjective isn't it? In life not everybody is going to like you and if you become famous the net of people with an opinion on you widens. I've documented mine in other threads but they remain the same. They're two working class kids that have a talent and probably grew up very similarly to most of ourselves. They're just humans, with good and bad traits. On the whole they come across as okay and I'm pleased they made it, wrote and played some great tunes and put City on the map when the majority of the world didn't have a clue who we were. I've met them once in real life and I found them sound. Just like ourselves if someone met one on a bad day and they snapped at them, or gave them a slap they'll tell everyone they're a ****. 99 other people may have met them on a good day though and think, "They were alright with me."

I haven't got Sky so I can't watch the interview but I just found this one on YouTube. I think he comes across okay

Sky Arts channel is on freeview

Thought it was good, enjoyed it.

Perhaps as I get older I like more 'gentle' music which is Noel's type of music ( if gentle is the right word;) ).
But if I want some in your face music than its Liam all day long lol.

Both cater for different types of music and there is nothing wrong in that.

I really dont understand some of the comments about them, but than again there are going to be people who I think are complete knobheads ( mostly boy bands and Ollie Murs ). And like Noel i think the top 40 is crap :) I find them both funny with a very dry sence of humour, and both call a spade a spade.

Thought it was good, enjoyed it.

Perhaps as I get older I like more 'gentle' music which is Noel's type of music ( if gentle is the right word;) ).
But if I want some in your face music than its Liam all day long lol.

Both cater for different types of music and there is nothing wrong in that.

I really dont understand some of the comments about them, but than again there are going to be people who I think are complete knobheads ( mostly boy bands and Ollie Murs ). And like Noel i think the top 40 is crap :) I find them both funny with a very dry sence of humour, and both call a spade a spade.
Get into the @BlueHammer85 top thousand albums, we could do with some reasoned opinion on there.......... ;-)

Steered clear of all these debates. Knew most of the family as young lads pre-fame, my parents knew their parents really well, and I’m utterly drained by the never ending arguments.
Suffice to say, in that band there was one absolute hardcore #Bert, a City fan until he dies at Barlow school surrounded by reds, and one absolutely fucking shameless fucking opportunist who wore Celtic shirts in the Longsight pubs because they were decent back then and used to openly laugh at us for spending our meagre money to go and watch City.
You can sort out which was which
Youll have to spill!!!

I like the fact that Noel tries different things.

I like Liam, but his songs are just "Oasis by numbers" sticking to the same formula.

Didn't see all the programme on Sky Arts, but what I did see was very good - including the cover of "The Mighty Quinn"!!
Wonder what his buddy Mr Weller thinks of the cover. Thought his version on Jules Holland was better.....Just.

Brill watch n some great insights from the chief

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.