VAR Rules 2020/21

If they want to improve VAR, stop the PL funding PigMOL and make all decisions audible to supporters .

Swarm of pigs flying over the garden atm.

Really don’t understand why fans now have a fucking issue with thicker lines. Spent the last season season saying the tech wasn’t good enough to give decisions based on mm’s. So they do something about it (where the decision stays with the onfield lino if the thicker lines touch - similar to umpire’s call in cricket) and you still have an issue with it.

Then if we did away with var the same posters would moan when a bad offside goes against us.

Worth remembering that VAR did us more favours regarding offside then it did us harm this season.

Last edited:
Really don’t understand why fans now have a fucking issue with thicker lines. Spent the last season season saying the tech wasn’t good enough to give decisions based on mm’s. So they do something about it (where the decision stays with the onfield lino if the thicker lines touch - similar to umpire’s call in cricket) and you still have an issue with it.

Then if we did away with var the same posters would moan when a bad offside goes against us.

Worth remembering that VAR did us more favours regarding offside then it did us harm this season.
Is this confirmed?

Just need the next step of its onside if they overlap and we could be getting somewhere.

Just need the next step of its onside if they overlap and we could be getting somewhere.

As a concept I have always been in favour of VAR.
The two main issues for me are the premier league and pigmol. If at the very beginning they had liaised with the Rugby authorities and used their vast experience of the technology many of the failures would have been avoided. Too pig headed and arrogant though.

As a concept I have always been in favour of VAR.
The two main issues for me are the premier league and pigmol. If at the very beginning they had liaised with the Rugby authorities and used their vast experience of the technology many of the failures would have been avoided. Too pig headed and arrogant though.
It’s based round the myth that football fans rioting at close calls. It’s time to start treating football fans like adults. Allow beers in seats and the ability to watch and listen to the VAR decision making process. Let’s hear why the ref thinks it’s a foul etc.

It’s based round the myth that football fans rioting at close calls. It’s time to start treating football fans like adults. Allow beers in seats and the ability to watch and listen to the VAR decision making process. Let’s hear why the ref thinks it’s a foul etc.

Same as Rugby.
I think the reason they said no to consultancy from RFU was pure arrogance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.