Are there less frogs than there used to be?

I dont know if that is strictly true, yes a lot of habitat has been ' altered ' but the environmental agencies must be doing some good. Falcons on the rise, buzzards on the rise, kites at near plague proportions, otters in every county, grey seals...40% of the worlds population on the UK coast, tuna back in the seas, more dolphins, whales, even a daft walrus.... There is more and I'm sure for every positive there is some twat is polluting somewhere. I do think a lot of the time it suits the media and those who can benefit from it though.

P.S. I saw another slow worm yesterday.
It is a patchy picture. Some species are doing well. And some are doing poorly.
My worry is insects, moths, butterflies. All seem to be struggling.

Created a pond in the garden at Easter and been letting it settle naturally

Today I noticed movement. There are a group of something, black in colour and only a few mm in size which swim about around a potted plant. I have googled and can’t find what they are.

Anyone have any idea what they maybe ?
mosquito larvae?

So far only seen tree bumblebees here. No wasps, no butterflies, no moths.
Loads of moths round here at night and we have quite a few bats, having said that when we lived in Sale we always saw loads flying up and down the roads just below the trees. Best time to see them seems to be at dusk or just before especially near trees. Pulled one of our dogs away from a hedgehog last week, not because I was bothered about the hedgehog itself but they are covered in fleas and we've already found a tick on one..

Loads of moths round here at night and we have quite a few bats, having said that when we lived in Sale we always saw loads flying up and down the roads just below the trees. Best time to see them seems to be at dusk or just before especially near trees. Pulled one of our dogs away from a hedgehog last week, not because I was bothered about the hedgehog itself but they are covered in fleas and we've already found a tick on one..
Ive got moths like fuck here. They must pile in when the dog is in and out for a piss of an evening

Cars kill most of the fuckers, them and toads, at least where I live. Poor fuckers seem to like meeting up in the road, like some amphibian nightclub and next day its carnage, blood and guts everywhere, sad to see tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.