Andy Morrison on Sky

I might be wrong, but i think i remember Andy's first game for City against Oldham at Boundary Park. I was in the side stand with City playing from my left to right. Andy hit a volley from 20 yards + into the Oldham net. It was a shot worthy of the very best players and was a goal to be savoured over the years. I think he scored a header too but my memory could be playing up. Andy was one of a very few players who really saved City from obscurity. If we had not won the play off in 1999, it may be that we would never have made it to the very top of the Football tree.
Failure to win that 99 play off would have been a disaster. Sunderland are living proof of that.

I might be wrong, but i think i remember Andy's first game for City against Oldham at Boundary Park. I was in the side stand with City playing from my left to right. Andy hit a volley from 20 yards + into the Oldham net. It was a shot worthy of the very best players and was a goal to be savoured over the years. I think he scored a header too but my memory could be playing up. Andy was one of a very few players who really saved City from obscurity. If we had not won the play off in 1999, it may be that we would never have made it to the very top of the Football tree.

Thanks for the history lesson. I was not aware of the Bluemoon match history section.
I found this from a report on a game 7 November 1998 in the Nationwide Division 2 - "
from THE GOOD, THE MAD AND THE UGLY, THE ANDY MORRISON STORY By Andy Morrison with David Clayton
… I enjoyed the midweek training in the run up to Oldham Athletic a way at the weekend. Again the planning was meticulous and we dealt with all the possible scenarios that might crop up at Boundary Park. Better still, everything went to plan and we won 3-0 and I managed to score my second goal in two games. Only this time it was the goal of my life The ball was lofted out of the Oldham defence and it bounced straight to me. I headed it back over one of their players to Shaun Goater, who nodded it back to me and, as it fell to my foot, I struck a 25 yard volley into the top left hand corner of the net. The whole ground erupted with what seemed like all four stands celebrating.
Sorry I got the story wrong but my memory of the goal is still intact even if he didn't score a second one on that day.
it is great to see Andy back on the tv. Once a City hero, always a City hero in whatever era.

Thanks for the history lesson. I was not aware of the Bluemoon match history section.
I found this from a report on a game 7 November 1998 in the Nationwide Division 2 - "
from THE GOOD, THE MAD AND THE UGLY, THE ANDY MORRISON STORY By Andy Morrison with David Clayton
… I enjoyed the midweek training in the run up to Oldham Athletic a way at the weekend. Again the planning was meticulous and we dealt with all the possible scenarios that might crop up at Boundary Park. Better still, everything went to plan and we won 3-0 and I managed to score my second goal in two games. Only this time it was the goal of my life The ball was lofted out of the Oldham defence and it bounced straight to me. I headed it back over one of their players to Shaun Goater, who nodded it back to me and, as it fell to my foot, I struck a 25 yard volley into the top left hand corner of the net. The whole ground erupted with what seemed like all four stands celebrating.
Sorry I got the story wrong but my memory of the goal is still intact even if he didn't score a second one on that day.
it is great to see Andy back on the tv. Once a City hero, always a City hero in whatever era.
A true cult hero. I don’t think his influence can be underestimated.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.