Walking

Get yourself walking fit then have a go at one of the long distance trials. Pennine Way, Coast to Coast, South West Coast Path. You will enjoy the challenge, see some great landscape and enjoy some marvelous pubs. You will also remember it for decades. Do it as a one shot holiday or break it up into sections. Pennine Way and Coast to Coast can be done as one holiday walks, around 20 days for Pennine Way and 12 for Coast to Coast depending on fitness. The SW Coastal Path is best done over a few years doing a week at a time.
I've done some of this and I really enjoyed it.
This is the kind of holiday I was alluding to in the holiday abroad thread. I was suggesting the Brits could do this kind of thing for a couple of years during the pandemic.
Then I got swamped by posters telling me how expensive it was to holiday in England and how fucking shite it was.
Some even saying they would never holiday in the UK.

I've done some of this and I really enjoyed it.
This is the kind of holiday I was alluding to in the holiday abroad thread. I was suggesting the Brits could do this kind of thing for a couple of years during the pandemic.
Then I got swamped by posters telling me how expensive it was to holiday in England and how fucking shite it was.
Some even saying they would never holiday in the UK.
I used some great B&Bs never paying more than £60 a night with an average of about £50. It's not a cheap holiday but far more satisfying than sitting in the sun for a week.

I’ve done that one, or parts of it.

A little closer to home, have you done the Tolkien Trail in the Ribble Valley? Nice pub at the end of it as well. Starts and finishes in Hurst Green. It’s 7 miles not the 5 miles advertised online though.
I did this walk yesterday after your post. Very nice walk, mixture of woods, riverside, fields and some lovely buildings. Stony Hurst college is impressive. It is 7.5 miles and nice way to spend the morning.

I did this walk yesterday after your post. Very nice walk, mixture of woods, riverside, fields and some lovely buildings. Stony Hurst college is impressive. It is 7.5 miles and nice way to spend the morning.
I did the Tolkien Trail yesterday too! How bizarre! My tracker app said 6.5 miles. Beautiful Lancashire countryside next to the Calder and Ribble. Absolutely gorgeous.

When we did it, it was with our 3yo and a baby in a sling. No way could the 3yo manage 5 miles, but she could do a couple and I’d carry her on my shoulders for 3 I thought. She was on the shoulders for over five miles, back was fucked the next day!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.