CPR don’t be afraid to have a go

What should happen whilst waiting for the defibrillator machine to arrive? And how long do we have to apply the defib? The nearest one to my local park is about a ten minute round trip, I would say.
You keep going until you physically can’t do it, believe me it’s tiring, I’ve done multiple with a full crew and by 30 mins everyone is drained mate.

Do compresions in a steady rhymn, sing staying alive by the bee gees to yourself and compress on each note

You can save a life if you keep calm , keep going till the ambulance arrives, if you can get a defib machine it will give you instructions . If you get tired arms ask someone else to take over

There is no feeling like saving a life , even if they die feel proud you tried

Check the mouth first to see if the airway is blocked by the tongue or foreign object.
If it is blocked don't use your fingers to remove it as if the mouth closes your fingers will be bitten bad!
That was the point of opening checking the airway, I didn’t want to over complicate it, I was taking it in the context of a football match so apart from the tongue they really shouldn’t have a foreign object in there, but point taken.

Check the mouth first to see if the airway is blocked by the tongue or foreign object.
If it is blocked don't use your fingers to remove it as if the mouth closes your fingers will be bitten bad!

Not true bud,initailly apply the Airway Breathing Circulation (ABC) method and if needed use a finger to hook out any obstruction.The chance of being bitten when someone is in arrest is none.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.