Tennis

Did Agassi do it in one calendar year, though?
He's a funny case, Agassi. I thought he was this unbearable kid from Las Vegas, for a long, long time. Over time, once he'd got some grand slams under his belt, he matured, and became a more interesting human being (always been a terrific tennis player, of course). I've often wondered how much Steffi had to do with that.
Read his autobiography; it gives great insight to his psyche, and a great read to boot.

I don't know the answer but I can only recall Thiem winning the US open when he was 2 sets down.
I cannot recall anyone else winning from 2 sets down in a grand slam final match in the modern era. Djikovic has some resolve to come from behind in a final and also the semi against Nadal.

Gaudio against Coria is one. French open too.

I’d say that Nadal winning 13 French Opens is one of the greatest achievements in sport
Incredible achievement by Nadal.
I think Djokovic being the first player in the Open era to have won all 4 of the Slam events twice is on a par with that.
Federer or Nadal probably will not be able to accomplish that now.

I don't know the answer but I can only recall Thiem winning the US open when he was 2 sets down.
I cannot recall anyone else winning from 2 sets down in a grand slam final match in the modern era. Djikovic has some resolve to come from behind in a final and also the semi against Nadal.

He's a scrapper, no question. Can't put my finger on it, though, he'll never be lovable the way Nadal and Federer, in their very different ways, are. Like thousands of others, I completely wanted Federer to win at Wimbledon in 2019. I even sometimes feel that his imitations of other players are those of the boy in class who doesn't get why he isn't liked more. Doesn't make him a lesser tennis player, of course. In fact I think he's got several more grand slams in him, and he'll end up being virtually untouchable on that count.

Incredible achievement by Nadal.
I think Djokovic being the first player in the Open era to have won all 4 of the Slam events twice is on a par with that.
Federer or Nadal probably will not be able to accomplish that now.
I agree. Novak has for a couple of years been rated by tennis insiders as the GOAT. Let’s not forget that he played for maybe a third of his career hamstrung by his gluten allergy, since he overcame that hurdle he’s been utterly dominant - aside from at Rafa’s Roland Garros fortress.

Tell you what though Andy Murray came along at the wrong time I mean can you imagine how many grand slams he would have won if not for the big 3 . As for the greatest of all time Novak is my pick as he just seems to get better and better and is just in front of federer..

Federer is too classy to be associated with the dippers.

If anything Federer is City, Nadal is Chelsea and Djokovic is the rags!
Djokovic is defo city mate as even though he will become the greatest ever the other two are still talked about more .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.