Next Manager after Pep

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep was given a Lamborghini to drive in fact he was given one by Bayern and Barca as well, he has managed to outdrive other managers in slower cars with a certain amount of panache. However he has just been lapped 3 times by a bloke in a Toyota Corolla.

Some may say get the guy in the Corolla others like Pep will just demand a faster Lamborghini. The wider the gap the more of a genius he looks. Klopps Kia Ceed did show him his exhaust as well.

Anyhoo when pep leaves for another stacked in his favour race elsewhere the best options although two are somewhat unlikely are

Tuchel
Klopp
Rodgers

The Barça team he inherited from Rijkaard was a shitshow. Full of egos, ill-disciplined, way past its prime. Not only did they finish 18 points behind Real Madrid, they finished 10 points behind Villarreal the season before Pep got the job

He wasn’t “given” anything apart from a massive rebuilding job. He won the first treble in Spanish football history in his first season. The only reason people think he had an easy job is because of the sheer quality of the team HE created

The Barça team he inherited from Rijkaard was a shitshow. Full of egos, ill-disciplined, way past its prime. Not only did they finish 18 points behind Real Madrid, they finished 10 points behind Villarreal the season before Pep got the job

He wasn’t “given” anything apart from a massive rebuilding job. He won the first treble in Spanish football history in his first season. The only reason people think he had an easy job is because of the sheer quality of the team HE created

He did a very good job at Barca but the tools were there for him to do so. He didn’t need to rebuild and bring in a whole new squad of players. He has done well with all his clubs(except in Europe for us and Bayern) but he has been at places where he has received top class support from two of the biggest clubs in the world and one that is developing into one.

It’s why it’s a fools errand to compare managers some get given jobs with every chance to succeed most are on a hiding to nothing. A genius doesn’t fail so often and for so long in Europe. A flawed one could though.

He has the habit of getting beat by teams with so called inferior managers and players if the Pep acolytes are correct in their judgment of him.

If he doesn’t win the champions league while he is here it will be a blot on his copybook that no unbiased supporter can deny. The league and the champions league which is the ultimate prize nowadays is how big clubs and their managers are judged. In 10 attempts he has won 3 of those trophies.

In his first year with us he didn’t have the players to play how he wanted so he did what was expected and didn’t win anything. Should he be judged as a failure in that first season? Absolutely not. Should he be judged as a genius when he wins things with the so called best owners, directors and players but not the big one?

What would be par for the course for a run of mill good manager with the backing he has had? If Pep hadn’t come and say Klopp did who knows what would have happended.

I would guess we would have done better in Europe but had less domestic cups, the league? I have no idea how he would have compared.

The only thing I know for sure is he hasn’t been good enough in Europe. Maybe next year eh.

He did a very good job at Barca but the tools were there for him to do so. He didn’t need to rebuild and bring in a whole new squad of players. He has done well with all his clubs(except in Europe for us and Bayern) but he has been at places where he has received top class support from two of the biggest clubs in the world and one that is developing into one.

It’s why it’s a fools errand to compare managers some get given jobs with every chance to succeed most are on a hiding to nothing. A genius doesn’t fail so often and for so long in Europe. A flawed one could though.

He has the habit of getting beat by teams with so called inferior managers and players if the Pep acolytes are correct in their judgment of him.

If he doesn’t win the champions league while he is here it will be a blot on his copybook that no unbiased supporter can deny. The league and the champions league which is the ultimate prize nowadays is how big clubs and their managers are judged. In 10 attempts he has won 3 of those trophies.

In his first year with us he didn’t have the players to play how he wanted so he did what was expected and didn’t win anything. Should he be judged as a failure in that first season? Absolutely not. Should he be judged as a genius when he wins things with the so called best owners, directors and players but not the big one?

What would be par for the course for a run of mill good manager with the backing he has had? If Pep hadn’t come and say Klopp did who knows what would have happended.

I would guess we would have done better in Europe but had less domestic cups, the league? I have no idea how he would have compared.

The only thing I know for sure is he hasn’t been good enough in Europe. Maybe next year eh.

Pep's record in Europe at both Bayern and City should be better, absolutely no arguments there. Although of currently active managers, only Zidane and Ancelotti have won the Champions League more than Pep in his career, and I wouldn't take either of them at City.

"Par for the course" would be what Mancini and Pellegrini achieved with the same owners and massive financial backing, wouldn't it? Which is of course far less than Pep has achieved.

Guardiola has the highest winning percentage in Premier League history and it's not even close. Far in excess of Ferguson, who I assume was also not that good of a manager as he also only won the Champions League twice.

Pep's record in Europe at both Bayern and City should be better, absolutely no arguments there. Although of currently active managers, only Zidane and Ancelotti have won the Champions League more than Pep in his career, and I wouldn't take either of them at City.

"Par for the course" would be what Mancini and Pellegrini achieved with the same owners and massive financial backing, wouldn't it? Which is of course far less than Pep has achieved.

Guardiola has the highest winning percentage in Premier League history and it's not even close. Far in excess of Ferguson, who I assume was also not that good of a manager as he also only won the Champions League twice.
I don't want to get into the backing of mancini and pellers following title wins its been done to death. I think everyone rates pep just to different degrees such is opinions in life. We will just have to accept we rate him slightly differently.

Agree to disagree is how things usually end up:-)

Dont think you can compare mancini or pellegrini
They were both much earlier on in this clubs journey than pep.

mancini winning our first trophy in 34 years and our first title in even longer was HUGE!! Pelleigrini did a job and ill always be thankful.

but pep is going to be measured against champs league success

Dont think you can compare mancini or pellegrini
They were both much earlier on in this clubs journey than pep.

mancini winning our first trophy in 34 years and our first title in even longer was HUGE!! Pelleigrini did a job and ill always be thankful.

but pep is going to be measured against champs league success

How was Pellegrini “much earlier on in the club’s journey” than the guy who succeeded him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.