All Time Top 1100 Albums (Aerosmith - Big Ones) P265

7.2 is about right for the Talking Heads album. It's a very highly rated album in the world of music! Music critics would probably rate it HIGHER! It's not everybody's cup of tea and takes a bit to get into so the 7.2 seems about right to me.

7.2 is about right for the Talking Heads album. It's a very highly rated album in the world of music! Music critics would probably rate it HIGHER! It's not everybody's cup of tea and takes a bit to get into so the 7.2 seems about right to me.
They would absolutely rate it higher. It was 3rd in the Pazz and Jop poll for 1980 which is probably the best list of consensus critics’ views worldwide. It was behind London Calling and Springsteen’s The River — pretty good company.

5/1000

1624010516072.png

Mellow Gold is the third studio album by American musician Beck, released on March 1, 1994 by DGC Records. Critics noted the album's hybrid of various styles including rock, hip hop, folk, blues, psychedelia, and country, as well as ironic, witty lyrics. Its decidedly anti-commercial attitude led to it becoming an unexpected commercial success, peaking at number thirteen in the United States and eventually being certified platinum. As of July 2008, Mellow Gold has sold over 1.2 million copies in the United States

1. Loser
2. Pay No Mind (Snoozer)
3. Fuckin With My Head (Mountain Dew Rock)
4. Whiskeyclone, Hotel City 1997
5. Soul Suckin Jerk
6. Truckdrivin Neighbors Downstairs (Yellow Sweat)
7. Sweet Sunshine
8. Beercan
9. Steal My Body Home
10. Nitemare Hippy Girl
11. Mutherfuker
12. Blackhole

Here we go! review No 5 - Hard to know where to start with Beck, i'm not quite sure what category he fits in and still none the wiser after listening to this all week - he is a strange talent. 'Mellow Gold' starts off very well with his biggest ever and most well known hit 'Loser' A bluesy rap pop effort and a great track - 'Pay No Mind' which follows is also good and has a sort of Kurt Cobain feel mixed with some completely random lyrics and from then on it's just a weird blend of songs and a broad range of music, 'Whiskeyclone, Hotel City' is probably the only other song i can say i enjoyed.
It's certainly not a boring album with many dark and twisted moments lyrically, amusing at times and has much potential - but just a bit heavy going if you're new to Beck, like i was. despite this, i'm interested in hearing his bigger album 'Odelay' which was to follow.

Anyhow, give this a go and score out of 10 by the end of next week

This placed 752 out of the Top 1000

5/10

Have a good weekend Blues

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.