England v Scotland | Euro 2020 Group Stage

In typical Scottish fashion, we won't. But as they say - it's the hope that kills you. No nails left after that, so much heart in that side it's the first I've been able to say that in 2 decades about Scotland.
I don’t see why Scotland shouldn’t go into that fixture with a degree of confidence. They were slightly unlucky against Czechia and held their own away at the group seed, so it’s not beyond the realms of possibility that they can progress. However, it’ll require a goal and they currently appear to be as rare as a dry day in June.

Bloody terrible my arse. Magnificent to a man, not one of them played poorly.

Our right back plays with Motherwell but was keeping some of the best talent in the world quiet.
The amount of times Scotland broke and had a 3v3 and just passed it to Stones was ridiculous. These are players who play for top half Prem teams and they couldn’t even string a decent break together. We were there for the taking tonight and Scotland weren’t good enough to take advantage.

If I were Scottish, I’d be fuming with that performance and score line. Any other team in this tournament would be, any other team in this tournament would have beaten us tonight.

You having a laugh? This isn’t the qualifying, it’s the tournament, every team here should be capable of getting a result.
What are you on about. So similar to the CL group stage you believe the likes of Ferencvaros were capable of getting a result at the Camp Nou because they qualified?

Playing most of our games at "home" is probably counterproductive to this team. England have very rarely been a good passing/possession team during tournament football.

3-5-2/3-4-3 or similar would be much better formation for the players Southgate insists on using.

As Scotland were playing that formation, it would probably have made sense to change the shape and match them in that formation during the game.

Pickford

Stones Rice Mings

James Mount Phillips Shaw

Foden Kane Sterling

The amount of times Scotland broke and had a 3v3 and just passed it to Stones was ridiculous. These are players who play for top half Prem teams and they couldn’t even string a decent break together. We were there for the taking tonight and Scotland weren’t good enough to take advantage.

If I were Scottish, I’d be fuming with that performance and score line. Any other team in this tournament would be, any other team in this tournament would have beaten us tonight.
I think that’s harsh, Scotland won the “we got a 0-0 at Wembley” Cup tonight, it’s massive.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.