England v Scotland | Euro 2020 Group Stage

Skysports player ratings from last night - Phil 5, Sterling 6, Grealish 7, I must have missed that game as I'm not sure how either of the latter 2 scored higher. England are always going to be limited playing with 2 defensive midfields who are are also both limited in their ability especially going forward at the top level which is why they will always rely so much on set pieces/penalties to score.

He’s kept that quiet. ;-)

I can only see him managing Brazil if international football ever tempts him.

No I think he now has an affinity with England, he likes it here and he'd relish the challenge of making us a major power again. Obviously I hope he extends with us and stays.

t ......... as for the Scots celebrating jeeeez I would have been peed off in not beating that shambles last night not celebrating a 0-0 draw ...... I watched them against the
The Scottish were celebrating because they were massive underdogs at Wembley stadium so for them to not get hammered was a very good result.
Plus they were the better team.
I don't blame them celebrating.

Sadly it looks like another bottle job that will fook our chances up of winning another major trophy :( honestly Kane in his current form shouldn’t be starting on Tuesday but got a feeling that nothing will change come the Czech game

The Scottish were celebrating because they were massive underdogs at Wembley stadium so for them to not get hammered was a very good result.
Plus they were the better team.
I don't blame them celebrating.
What I was saying that I would have been peed off for not beating that shite last night .......... 20 mins to go we where there for the taking and deep down I bet Clarke will see that as a missed opportunity

Southgate said something post match which I think should be a sackable offence:

“If you can’t win the match you need to make sure you don’t lose.”

So Gareth, at what point in that match did you decide we were too shit to actually try to beat the 3rd lowest ranked team in the tournament? Why do we have to have the mentality that we can’t win the match just because it’s 0-0 in the second half? Why can’t we make changes that actually enhance our chances of winning? League Two manager, sack him now.

No I think he now has an affinity with England, he likes it here and he'd relish the challenge of making us a major power again. Obviously I hope he extends with us and stays.
I think he has an affinity with Manchester City and, shoot me for saying it, ‘the project’, but I don’t think that extends to the English national team; he also appears to have developed an affinity for the city. However, he’s also canny enough to know that success is predicated on having the best players, and while England has some of those, it really does not have as many of them as the media would have people believe.

I think Brazil, the States, or home.

Sounds like the game didn’t live up to expectations, something most of us anticipated. Personally I managed 20 minutes before switching off (and spent 20 minutes putting new strings on my Epiphone acoustic!).
The brief bit I endured was more than enough to confirm what I had thought for a long time, Southgate is not the man for the job.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.