My new dog

I don't believe in putting dogs in cages,FFS
Brilliant if used responsibly and as a training aid.Getting up every few hours through the night and taking outside,waiting till they have used toilet and rewarding,then straight back in the cage.Did this for a few weeks and had ours toilet trained and none destructive in double quick time because of such.Lock cage initially,then leave door open when training going good,and finally replace with a bed.

Bluey our Cockapoo sleeps on the bed at the end,some people leave there dog from morning till night in a cage till they come home from work which I don't agree.We are both retired so Bluey is always free to roam about.
As you can read on here, everyone on here uses the cage to help a puppy/ young dog have a safe place to sleep and relax in. Going to retract your ffs comment?

I think letting a dog sleep on your bed is wrong but I'm not going to get all melodramatic about it.

Arthur has spent probably a maximum of two hours on his own since we got him. He has doggy day care for when I work which he loves. Great for other dog interaction. So he's never "locked up". It's his safe place, not a place to punish him.

Ok,but some people out them in from 7am till they get home in the evening way too long.
Yeah, completely agree. I should have added we only put her in the cage at night, while we were sleeping. Funnily enough it was her preferred place to sleep, so once we thought she was safe we had to weed her off it. It can serve a purpose but not as you say all day. My missus started working from home, hence the decision we decided to get a puppy.,

As you can read on here, everyone on here uses the cage to help a puppy/ young dog have a safe place to sleep and relax in. Going to retract your ffs comment?

I think letting a dog sleep on your bed is wrong but I'm not going to get all melodramatic about it.

Arthur has spent probably a maximum of two hours on his own since we got him. He has doggy day care for when I work which he loves. Great for other dog interaction. So he's never "locked up". It's his safe place, not a place to punish him.
Agree with all that,sounds very familiar!

I don't like dogs being locked in crates all day.

But, absolutely use them as a training tool and for providing a safe place of their own. A blanket over the top too gives extra sense of security, especially when the ignorant bleeders are setting off fireworks.

Currently me and the misses have 3 dogs, we have never used a cage, they stay in the kitchen at night and have baskets. They are lucky as we are now at home all day, the training is important you have to be firm, and not give in to them when they cry at night when pups. They are part of the family and we love taking them on Holiday, they replaced the grown up kids, and are easier to control.

Currently me and the misses have 3 dogs, we have never used a cage, they stay in the kitchen at night and have baskets. They are lucky as we are now at home all day, the training is important you have to be firm, and not give in to them when they cry at night when pups. They are part of the family and we love taking them on Holiday, they replaced the grown up kids, and are easier to control.
What would you recommend for the first few nights then, the little bugger will be on its own for the first time?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.