It's Quiet Thread 15 - Txiki Blinders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southgate vs Pep

England squad vs City squad
I was reflecting on some of the euro games and thought if we put our team out we would destroy them. I then remembered the Chelsea chumps final and relapsed back into depression. My evening in Earls Court watching the games with Chelsea fans all around, a sad reminder. Pep why…?

If kane is silly money move on.
if haaland won’t commit to us move on.
I’m more and more comfortable with signing a young player like isak and using the savings elsewhere in the squad.

No, we are not building for 2-3 years down the line, our window is now, the squad we have is built to win now.

We pushed a club legend out the door because we felt that we could do better.

It's Kane or Haaland, anything less would be embarrassing.

If getting Haaland means we don't get Grealish, so be it.

We can find an alternative to him who's probably just as good.

No, we are not building for 2-3 years down the line, our window is now, the squad we have is built to win now.

Actually I hope you are right and we get haaland just not sure we will pay up

I agree it would be embarrassing if we've made the big statement with not keeping Aguero and then a big hitter doesn't replace him.

Actually I hope you are right and we get haaland just not sure we will pay up
One option I can see is for us to pay (say) 50% of the fee, plus 3 or 4 players to Dortmund in part exchange, and to pay a chunk of their wages for a season or two.

If we don't get Haaland, I hope we go for Felix - if Txiki panics and wants to deliver a marquee signing, he'll throw money at the underperforming Kane and risk another Bony situation.

Sterling needs David Silva’s through balls inside the fullback.

Obviously nobody would provide them balls like David however he gets played through ahead of the defender many times. Cuts back 99% of the time which then puts him in a worse position or allows the defender to easily dispossess him as he’s so predictable now. He doesn’t need anybody to up his game, he needs to find some confidence

The frustrating thing is that while we all talk about, Kane, Haalnad and Lukaku the reality is there is a player out there somewhere available for a fraction of the cost who would prove to be evrey bit as good for us as any of these three. Just think back to Salah for the dippers or Vardy for Leicester. Neither went for big huge money or had the top teams in Europe chasing them. The secret is in the scouting network and personally a list of these 3 players just looks very lazy to me.

Would love to see us pull of some surprise obscure signing who goes on to set the league alight.

One option I can see is for us to pay (say) 50% of the fee, plus 3 or 4 players to Dortmund in part exchange, and to pay a chunk of their wages for a season or two.

If we don't get Haaland, I hope we go for Felix - if Txiki panics and wants to deliver a marquee signing, he'll throw money at the underperforming Kane and risk another Bony situation.
Felix would be ideal for us, maybe Bernardo + cash and we could push a deal through.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.