My new dog

What would you recommend for the first few nights then, the little bugger will be on its own for the first time?
There is no doubt in my mind that a crate is the best solution. Why we try to view what a dog thinks through human eyes is beyond me. Our crate is big and from the second day, Bess chose to go into the crate with Blue to sleep. It's full of cushions and blankets and where they sleep. The problems expressed are nothing to do with a crate, they are to do with an owner who doesn't wish to care or spend time with their dogs, or has got a dog without the means to care for it properly.

What would you recommend for the first few nights then, the little bugger will be on its own for the first time?
Put him in a dog basket and leave him to get on with it, but dont sucome to him crying, he will get used to it they soon learn. If you do sucome and take him to bed you will never get him out, somthing my son has done.

Currently me and the misses have 3 dogs... They are part of the family and we love taking them on Holiday, they replaced the grown up kids, and are easier to control.

Not to mention they cost less, don’t wake you up when they come in pissed, don’t have their mates around drinking all your beer, don’t complain because you want to watch the football or the news rather than more old episodes of Friends, don’t set the smoke alarm off trying to make cheese on toast by putting the toaster on its side, don’t eat all the food in your fridge, don’t stink the house out from a three hour shit and don’t blunt your razor by shaving their legs with it because they’ve left theirs at uni.

Also, they don’t argue with you.

Ours always sleep in the kitchen in baskets near the back door, and leave a bowl of water for them which is there all day. Once they get used to the routine they know when the baskets come out its bed time, we always move the baskets during the day. We are not perfect as ours then have the run of the house, and sit with us in the living room, but they are family.

Ours always sleep in the kitchen in baskets near the back door, and leave a bowl of water for them which is there all day. Once they get used to the routine they know when the baskets come out its bed time, we always move the baskets during the day. We are not perfect as ours then have the run of the house, and sit with us in the living room, but they are family.

Sorry, are we back on dogs now or still on grown up kids?

Not to mention they cost less, don’t wake you up when they come in pissed, don’t have their mates around drinking all your beer, don’t complain because you want to watch the football or the news rather than more old episodes of Friends, don’t set the smoke alarm off by trying to make cheese on toast by putting the toaster on its side, don’t eat all the food in your fridge, don’t stink the house out from a three hour shit and don’t blunt your razor by shaving their legs with it because they’ve left theirs at uni.

Also, they don’t argue with you.
You have hit the nail on the head.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.