Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still the best in the world potentially on a free. Well worth it IMO.

After over a year of not being able to properly go to a game and having been a season ticket holder since the 01/02 season (so watched some shite), I’d personally love seeing Messi in a City shirt while he still has the quality.

This isn’t a George Weah job, Messi is still in a class of his own.
A free. Please.
The transfer supposedly is that expensive in terms of wages, that it has it's own separate pot. That is what you do for a player in his absolute pomp, with years of service to give. Someone like Mbappe, for example, or Messi 7 or 8 years ago. Not someone reaching his mid-30's. It's almost gimmick like, and something we would have done in the early days.

A free. Please.
The transfer supposedly is that expensive in terms of wages, that it has it's own separate pot. That is what you do for a player in his absolute pomp, with years of service to give. Someone like Mbappe, for example, or Messi 7 or 8 years ago. Not someone reaching his mid-30's. It's almost gimmick like, and something we would have done in the early days.

I just can’t get my head around not wanting the best player in the world. Never mind when it involves no transfer fee.

Of course he’ll need wages, who doesn’t? The best players get paid the best wages (I know the amounts are obscene but that’s football for you). It’s been said a few times before too, the commercial side of Messi as a brand would be massive too. We’d be getting something back for the investment.

I remember reading Juve got the £80m for Ronaldo back within a few days/weeks after signing him.

I just can’t get my head around not wanting the best player in the world. Never mind when it involves no transfer fee.

Of course he’ll need wages, who doesn’t? The best players get paid the best wages (I know the amounts are obscene but that’s football for you). It’s been said a few times before too, the commercial side of Messi as a brand would be massive too. We’d be getting something back for the investment.

I remember reading Juve got the £80m for Ronaldo back within a few days/weeks after signing him.
Yes. There is no downside to signing him. The Premier League would be thankful to us forever, too

Those stories are fairytale. Sponsor shop goes up - I get that, BUT Ronaldo costs them something like that amount every season on top of the fee. It's GARGANTUAN money for someone to just win the league in Italy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.