Lionel Messi | Joins Inter Miami (pg4111)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally agree, I can't believe his fan boys can't see through this guy.

2014 he had a major opportunity to sign for us, while still at his peak, to prove himself in a new league, he bottled out.

Last season despite the multi millionaire Messi stating "he was desperately unhappy" he would not pursue a move, why? MONEY, he would not risk losing his MONEY,

Desperate to move my arse!

Now 2021 on a free, would he play for a club to win titles and to play for the love of the game?....NO, he wants one last big pay day.

So you wouldn't want the best player in the world, ever, and still, to sign for us for free, because he didn't donso in 2014?

Is this like folk not wanting mbappe because he once said he 'rejected' coming here to stay in France when he was 17?

Not that I am expecting messi to sign as such, but do enjoy the discussion of the possibility particularly the closer it gets

So you wouldn't want the best player in the world, ever, and still, to sign for us for free, because he didn't donso in 2014?

Is this like folk not wanting mbappe because he once said he 'rejected' coming here to stay in France when he was 17?

Not that I am expecting messi to sign as such, but do enjoy the discussion of the possibility particularly the closer it gets
If he turned up we would become a circus and become Messi FC, not for me, one thing I love about us since Pep turned up, is the fact we are a complete team, no mega stars, no ego's a complete team.

If he turned up we would become a circus and become Messi FC, not for me, one thing I love about us since Pep turned up, is the fact we are a complete team, no mega stars, no ego's a complete team.
As I mentioned earlier, it is the kind of transfer I would have expected in the early years of the take over, if not the very beginning.
Signing Messi only makes sense when he was 25/26, with his best years ahead. And only at this stage of our development. Signing him at this age and at this stage of our development is a backwards step for me, and goes against our entire transfer policy to date.

As I mentioned earlier, it is the kind of transfer I would have expected in the early years of the take over, if not the very beginning.
Signing Messi only makes sense when he was 25/26, with his best years ahead. And only at this stage of our development. Signing him at this age and at this stage of our development is a backwards step for me, and goes against our entire transfer policy to date.
We are now at the stage where the club needs a new icon, even more so with the departures of Aguero, Silva and Kompany.

Messi is not the man to do it now, soon he will be yesterdays man, players like Haaland, Mbappe and probably Felix will become the new icons of world football.

We are now at the stage where the club needs a new icon, even more so with the departures of Aguero, Silva and Kompany.

Messi is not the man to do it now, soon he will be yesterdays man, players like Haaland, Mbappe and probably Felix will become the new icons of world football.
Well put. I'd even add that if Trafford FC put a load of money into Messi at this age, it's something i'd fully expect of them and wouldn't make me jealous in the slightest. As you say, he's soon to be yesterday's man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.