Harry Kane

Checklist

does Kane score goals = Yes
does Kane assist goals = Yes
Is Kane the best striker in the league = Yes
Would Kane improve city = Yes
is Kane a finisher something we have lacked = Yes

Why would you not want him? because he’s not Haaland I said this weeks ago any striker that would come in who was not named Haaland would get the forum bickering and saying they don’t want him, he’s not good enough etc

Kanes the best striker in the league. He’s scoring goals for fun in a average Tottenham side with no creative midfielders. He walks straight into our starting eleven.

So you would pay 200M for him? How much? Is there a limit?

With all due respect— it’s maddening to read posts that treat Harry Kane as the only possible striker we could sign. We might as well close our club if we don’t get him! There are a few in the Premier League that would do the job just as well as Kane. We do not need to sign a striker to contend for top scorer in the league necessarily. Take Calvert-Lewin for instance — he would score enough goals and do the necessary tactical job for much less money. I’d argue that DCL would have a much easier job building an identity at City, someone we could come to cheer on personally.
And there are many others from other leagues. The problem is, if I name any player from, for instance, the Bundesliga, Serie A or La Liga, there will ascend from hell an army of posters ready to argue that any shit player can do well in those leagues. How can you debate that irrationality?
Fair point, I personally don't think Kane is worth chasing for any more than what we have allegedly offered. I assume we could probably go to £150m but would have to sell a few players for that and even then there is no guarantee that Levy would accept that either. There must be other names on the list but the papers only think we are interested in two and to be honest, it's easy journalism, which clubs aren't interested in Kane or Haaland?

Kane will not score next game either imo and if its France or Portugal or Germany then chances are England will be out that game.

4 games and zero goals. Txiki can use that as lower price tag a good bit.

Thing is Kane looks way too tired. If we end up with him we need England out of Euros next game and have him 4-5 weeks of relaxing. He was carrying Spurs way too much. He also needs to do more than golfing with Neville and put in a transfer request as soon as Euros are over for him.
Otherwise he can get ready for Uefa Conference League.
That's the thing that really worries me, if his lack of form continues for the rest of the Euros then we sign him, unless he get's off to a good start , the media will be after him big style and he will be under huge pressure.

Has he ever been under that type of pressure? I am not sure he has, Spurs have never been under the sort of scrutiny apart from a brief spell under Poch, it will be hard for him if he signs for us , especially with the fee involved.

Fair point, I personally don't think Kane is worth chasing for any more than what we have allegedly offered. I assume we could probably go to £150m but would have to sell a few players for that and even then there is no guarantee that Levy would accept that either. There must be other names on the list but the papers only think we are interested in two and to be honest, it's easy journalism which clubs aren't interested in Kane or Haaland?
The club, I believe (and that is what Tolmie has said, if you believe him...), understands going over 100M is insanity. I wouldn’t even go that high, personally. I want to understand from the people who are all saying he would be the second coming of the Lord: for how much? What we value him or what Levy would want? Because that’s the “detail” many don’t want to touch... it’s easier to keep talking about Southgate instead

Harry Kane stats each season

2020/21 apps 35 goals 23
2019/20 Apps 29 Goals 18
2018/19 Apps 28 goals 17
2017/18 Apps 37 Goals 30
2016/17 Apps 30 Goals 29
2015/16 Apps 38 Goals 25

Hes scored over 15 goals a season every season at Spurs, even with injuries he’s won 3 golden boots. He’s an amazing striker.

Harry Kane stats each season

2020/21 apps 35 goals 23
2019/20 Apps 29 Goals 18
2018/19 Apps 28 goals 17
2017/18 Apps 37 Goals 30
2016/17 Apps 30 Goals 29
2015/16 Apps 38 Goals 25

Hes scored over 15 goals a season every season at Spurs, even with injuries he’s won 3 golden boots. He’s an amazing striker.
You are missing the point over and over again. If you’re studying to be a journalist, learn how to read the room

So you would pay 200M for him? How much? Is there a limit?

Would you pay 200 million for Haaland, Would you pay what PSG payed for Neymar/mbappe?

money in football is ridiculous now, To get goals and the best players you have to pay the big money. How much is a guaranteed 20 goals season worth in todays market Because that’s what Kane Is. 100 , 150 , 200 million.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.