Czech Republic v England | Euro 2020 Group Stage

It’s a good analogy.

England have the players to play like City, but play like the rags.
I think there is an undercurrent of anti pep ball brewing too. You could sense it in Prixson’s constant sniping at walker for playing it backwards, and the crowds groans at the same. It’s a bubbling narrative imo.
Pepball is not for everyone and it requires strategy and patience. All a bit to sophisticated for Ingerland.
Shame, as after every other dismal exit we have people like Hoddle and Waddle bemoaning we don’t have players with sufficient technical skill. Well we finally do have a surplus of these players and lo band behold we don’t want any of that foreign tiki taka muck. Send it long. Channels, 2nd ball hoofball.
I just want our boys home ASAP to get a proper break ready for next season.

awful again.

So slow up front.

Kane should of gone off for some one with more speed (Rashford/Sancho/Bellingham)

Saka had a great game, Grealish was average

Maguire and Pickford hoofing the ball again, did i read Stones was telling them to stop it again?

Why Henderson come on after 45 mins I really don't know. Rice had a good game.

Still don't know why Stone was actually subbed?

Defensive from the outset, considering the amount of attacking talent we have.

2 goals in 3 games is shocking

We will get torn apart next week

For what it's worth, I agree with you and I really would be concerned (based on what we"re seeing right now) if we are involved in any genuine transfer talks regarding Kane.

And for what it's worth (2), based on the three performances so far, I'd leave Kane out of the England starting XI and have a front three of Sterling, Foden and Saka playing a fluid, false 9 system in front of Grealish and Mount. Sitting in behind would be Rice or Phillips with the back four that started last night.

Kane is the problem with that team right now, given his static play and lack of confidence. His performances do not merit his inclusion.

But I don't see Southgate having the cojones to leave him out, just like many an England manager at tournaments down the years with the 'media star man' of the time (eg Greenwood with the injured Keegan in '82, Robson with Wilkins/Robson in 86 and so on and so on ever since..)

But then, 'what the George Kinnell' do I know about footy..?
Beckham in 98 too. I seem to remember a press campaign to get Beckham to the world Cup, hoddle had to take him or suffer the same shit that "onion head" got. It honestly feels like the media select the players and the manager is crucified if he doesn't do what they suggested.

Kane.. If Kane he is dropped and we lose the next game, Southgate would be hammered. If we win it he's a genius. (and kane price drops by half)

It's all opinion though, I might be wrong. It must be the same in other countries with their media and it doesn't t seem to affect them as bad as it affects our national team.

Sorry....

****True facts****

1. In the 1400s a law was set forth in England that a man was allowed to beat his wife with a stick no thicker than his thumb.

Hence we have 'the rule of thumb.'

2. Many years ago in Scotland , a new game was invented. It was ruled 'Gentlemen Only...

Ladies Forbidden'... and thus the word GOLF entered into the English language.

3. Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history:

Spades - King David,

Hearts - Charlemagne,

Clubs -Alexander the Great,

Diamonds - Julius Caesar

4. In Shakespeare's time, mattresses were secured on bed frames by ropes. When you pulled on the ropes the mattress tightened, making the bed firmer to sleep on. Hence the phrase......... 'goodnight, sleep tight.'

5. It was the accepted practice in Babylon 4,000 years ago that for a month after the wedding, the bride's father would supply his son-in-law with all the mead he could drink.

Mead is a honey beer and because their calendar was lunar based, this period was called the honey month, which we know today as the honeymoon.

6. Since 1966,England fans have said they are going to win the cup at the start of every football competition, hence the phrase ‘deluded twat’

Beckham in 98 too. I seem to remember a press campaign to get Beckham to the world Cup, hoddle had to take him or suffer the same shit that "onion head" got. It honestly feels like the media select the players and the manager is crucified if he doesn't do what they suggested.

Kane.. If Kane he is dropped and we lose the next game, Southgate would be hammered. If we win it he's a genius. (and kane price drops by half)

It's all opinion though, I might be wrong. It must be the same in other countries with their media and it doesn't t seem to affect them as bad as it affects our national team.

Need to replace Mount.

Won't be able to play next game will he?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.