Patrick Roberts | Sold to Sunderland

Ruined his career playing in a flat track league
Playing for Celtic might have the trophies (shitty trebles every year) and the fans etc but as far as a competitive level he just wasted years of his career
No interest in him
Yep,the architect of his own downfall.

He should be a consistent mid table Prem player by now.

Playing for Celtic might have the trophies (shitty trebles every year) and the fans etc but as far as a competitive level he just wasted years of his career
No interest in him
What utter bollocks. He only spent 18 mths at Celtic, during which time he scored against us in the champions league, is that non-competitive? Since then he's been in Spain, at Norwich, Boro, derby. The lad has had a series of injuries that have hampered him. Typical sad little keyboard warrior slating someone without actually knowing the facts of the matter. Just say you hate Celtic instead of this passive aggressive shite about Roberts

What utter bollocks. He only spent 18 mths at Celtic, during which time he scored against us in the champions league, is that non-competitive? Since then he's been in Spain, at Norwich, Boro, derby. The lad has had a series of injuries that have hampered him. Typical sad little keyboard warrior slating someone without actually knowing the facts of the matter. Just say you hate Celtic instead of this passive aggressive shite about Roberts
First point - he played at Celtic for three seasons.
Second point - the first season yes get some experience after that he should have tested himself but he preferred to stay at Celtic. His mistake
Since then he has not been good enough to either get a decent or permanent move or stay at a club hence the various loan moves
Everyone on here is a ‘keyboard warrior’ including you
I wanted him to play for us but i think being at Celtic didn’t help him progress or develop
It’s not a hatred for Celtic, I can’t help the fact they play in a poor league.
Are you a Celtic fan or Patrick’s dad?

I think as much as we like to bash players for bad decisions, the club have made numerous bad decisions for this kid. He quite clearly had talent when we bought him, he showed he was capable at Celtic as well. He had a choice of Championship level clubs or going back to Celtic, why would he want to go backwards if we clearly weren't going to play him or sell him to a better team? The decision has not only cost him but also ourselves. Sell him and let him settle somewhere and try and get back.

No interest in him

He had just turned 21 when his second loan spell with them ended so I’m not sure how he wasted years of his career. It’s been the numerous serious hamstring injuries that have been his biggest downfall over the past 2-3 years.

Second point - the first season yes get some experience after that he should have tested himself but he preferred to stay at Celtic. His mistake
Since then he has not been good enough to either get a decent or permanent move or stay at a club hence the various loan moves
I wanted him to play for us but i think being at Celtic didn’t help him progress or develop
First point, he only had one full season. Second point, he came back to bite us in the CL by scoring at the Etihad, not challenging himself?
Since then he's had injury after injury, that is not his fault. He left Celtic at 21 years old, how is that "ruining years of his career"??
I'm neither his dad or a Celtic fan but all this "I'm not interested" shite and "wasting his career" is bollocks.

It was City's decision who to loan him to, just a bad investment by City and good luck to the lad at least he won things at played on the big stage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.