Nuno Mendes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think it was me getting giddy:) but it could be that City backed off for fear of tapping up, as you say it was very unusual and now are trying to get the buyout clause down?.
Any way that is my hope and i am sticking with it until the last minute:) then i am crying.
No, it's just as usual Romano is awful for City unless he's there to confirm another better sourced journo's story at the very last minute. This springs to mind.

No, it's just as usual Romano is awful for City unless he's there to confirm another better sourced journo's story at the very last minute. This springs to mind.

I pay no attention to press click bait, that particular story was just that especially for utd fans, it upset them at the time but now they can say they beat us to another world class player, the press now have the proof if now the accuracy.

I pay no attention to press click bait, that particular story was just that especially for utd fans, it upset them at the time but now they can say they beat us to another world class player, the press now have the proof if now the accuracy.
I'm confused. You think he wrote this story so United supporters could wind us up later?

He wrote it knowing it was never going to happen but it could be used in many ways and regurgitated with what ever slant.
Sorry, but that makes zero sense. He wrote it because he thought it was going to happen. He got it wrong.

We are not trying to sign this player.

It is very rare that City go out of their way as they did back in mid-May to email the press pack and tell them it was not true.

City can't walk back something like that and had no reason to either confirm or deny.

Insisted it was Sporting and his agent getting giddy.
City also have a partnership going with Sporting so it ain't being leaked from both surely the agent or journos being naughty

Sorry, but that makes zero sense. He wrote it because he thought it was going to happen. He got it wrong.
Your looking at it wrong, it is not black or white, but everything is a murky grey, this gezzer started the summer by naming the most likely transfers claiming breaking news, if it is wrong it is the Clubs fault.
In Fernandes case utd had been chasing him for years, City had no interest yet weeks before he moves to utd we are interested? upsetting utd fans then later appeasing them generated lots of clicks a good payout for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.