Covid and travel discussion

This time last week Grant Shapps (Transport Sec) said green / amber list in essence for fully vaccinated people would be the same, i.e. no need for quarantine and just 1 test before leaving and 1 on return.
However with new SA Variant they have created "Amber Plus" for France with strong rumours of Spain / Greece to follow which will mean quarantine (irrespective of vaccination status) plus an additional day 8 test on return to the UK.

It's absolute Russian roulette, i've Gran Canaria booked for October but I'm extremely jittery and I'm thinking hard of switching it until next year. Suppose the mantra to have is travel during a pandemic is high risk and can quickly change and the stress of keep looking at your phone and reading the news waiting for the next change negates all the enjoyment a holiday should bring.
Have you tried Blackpool in July?

Cheers again for spelling it out for me. Blackpool in July? Might be one of the only occasions where it's nicer to spend another week at home with the missus!

But in all seriousness from your helpful advice it's looking like it's best to just booked a hotel on the south coast and enjoy a week down there.. Like you said I don't want to be stressed watching the news waiting for the next change to happen and fuck up any flights I've got booked.

Flew back from Mallorca yesterday. Antigen at the hotel Saturday evening €30 and go to a drive through testing centre at the airport this afternoon for the day 2 test, £60.
I showed my negative result, locator form at palma de mallorca airport at check in. When I arrived in Manchester all they did was scan my passport and all the details I had shown at Palma airport came up and that was that. Collected my suitcase and gone.

Apologies if this question has been asked many times already..

I've been given a spare week off next week and am thinking about booking a last minute break to Spain / Canary Islands. I'm double jabbed so does that mean I only need to get a return test 3 days before coming back to England and also have a day 2 test booked as well?

The test out in Spain, can it be either PCR or Antigen?

Cheers in advance!
I arrived in Spain yesterday. Absolute piece of piss getting here - just the Spanish passenger locator form to complete and I believe they do random checks of vaccine / test status. I was through passport control in about 5 minutes and just had to scan the passenger locator QR code before the baggage hall. Easy peasy.

Going home, I brought an antigen test out with me from Breathe Assured that I can do via Zoom (I’m staying at my parents’ so saves me leaving their house) which was £32. Then booked a Randox home PCR day 2 kit for £43.

Slight correction to @BLUEMATT23 post in that it’s not 72 hours before your return flight for the inbound test, it’s 3 days. So if you fly home on Friday, you can do the test anytime from Tuesday morning onwards.

Enjoy! It’s great to be away

EasyJet have somewhat unexpectedly cancelled our flights to and from Bilbao leaving on 22nd September. I'm not sure why that is as Spain is still open to UK tourists as things stand but could be a commercial decision I suppose and perhaps hardly anyone is booked on those flights. I'm not overly bothered and have applied for a refund but this trip was originally my 50th birthday trip booked for April last year and at this rate I'll be celebrating my 60th before I get to Bilbao!
What it does mean is that I can attend the Paul Heaton and Jacqui Abbott gig at Castlefield on 23rd September (assuming it goes ahead) and we've booked 4 days in Wales for a bargain £130 starting on September 27th. The dog will be chuffed - all these staycations mean it'll be his 3rd holiday in less than 5 months!

I arrived in Spain yesterday. Absolute piece of piss getting here - just the Spanish passenger locator form to complete and I believe they do random checks of vaccine / test status. I was through passport control in about 5 minutes and just had to scan the passenger locator QR code before the baggage hall. Easy peasy.

Going home, I brought an antigen test out with me from Breathe Assured that I can do via Zoom (I’m staying at my parents’ so saves me leaving their house) which was £32. Then booked a Randox home PCR day 2 kit for £43.

Slight correction to @BLUEMATT23 post in that it’s not 72 hours before your return flight for the inbound test, it’s 3 days. So if you fly home on Friday, you can do the test anytime from Tuesday morning onwards.

Enjoy! It’s great to be away
You may want to edit.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.