British and Irish Lions Tour to South Africa 2021 thread

England did it with Burgess in the world cup a few years back and we all know how that worked out :-) They tried it will Fazz snr but didn't know where to play him. If Foxy and the lad at Sale were fit I don't think we have a problem.
Jones picking up the injury yesterday was a bastard.
I don’t think there is a home nations rugby league player with the tackle busting qualities to play that role at the moment. I think Burgess spilt too much ball in the tackle and Fazz’s rugby brain that made him a stand out player in RL didn’t translate so much when playing with / against guys who’d played rugby Union all their lives.

I don’t think there is a home nations rugby league player with the tackle busting qualities to play that role at the moment. I think Burgess spilt too much ball in the tackle and Fazz’s rugby brain that made him a stand out player in RL didn’t translate so much when playing with / against guys who’d played rugby Union all their lives.
Its not a rugby league argument for me, Tait, Quinnell and Scott Gibbs these guys made a difference because they played union first. Just hope we beat the Bocks.
Watson great game how luck changes things.

Well anyone giving us a chance in hell or is Warren ball coming out on top.
You all know where I come from but AWJ should not be starting a big kick in the teeth to some lads who were in good form.
If we are in front after half time we should be okay, but I would hate to chase the game with our bench.

Well anyone giving us a chance in hell or is Warren ball coming out on top.
You all know where I come from but AWJ should not be starting a big kick in the teeth to some lads who were in good form.
If we are in front after half time we should be okay, but I would hate to chase the game with our bench.

Henderson must be wondering what he has to do. How undercooked SA are may be more important than how good the Lions are.

It doesn't look like a great Lions team, with Lawes apparently the replacement 2nd row if something happens, having presumably already played a fair chunk at flanker. I'm surprised they haven't gone with Beirne, and the number of differences to what the Sky crew were advocating last Saturday is astonishing.

Neil Francis has been sacked by the Irish Independent's owners Mediahuis for comments he made regarding Lions out-half Marcus Smith.

Mediahuis described the former Ireland forward's comments as "unacceptable", and Francis himself has issued an apology.

During an episode of The Left Wing podcast with Luke Fitzgerald, Francis described Smith as "a Harlequins out-half with a David Beckham haircut, and an Oompa Loompa tan". Francis punctuates his remark with a wry laugh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.