Coronavirus (2021) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My cousins husband, probably mid fifties, is now hospitalised with covid and apparently not great. He had the chance of at least one jab but dragged his feet saying he'd have it on his terms not when they dictated it. No idea why but now he's suffering, his oxygen levels have dropped again. No sympathy, sheer arrogance on his part.

I do hope he recovers mate. An idiot he may be but it’s a horrible infection, there was a point I felt ready to give up fighting it (and I’ve had both jabs) it really does wear you down if it gets hold of you

I am pretty sure they can yes. I got an email from AZ about 2-3 weeks ago inviting me to go on a trial for an AZ booster but it wasn't a 3rd jab of their existing vaccine but a vaccine targeted at the Delta variant. It was ver subscribed. There's also a Covbooster trial being run by Uni of Southampton. Plus Glaxo and Valneva are in Phase 3 trials.

I wanted one of them to produce a variant vaccine because I thought that the existing vaccines would have a limited shelf-life but apparently Pfizer are claiming that a 3rd booster produces huge increases in antibodies.

Here is a pdf of their results presentations. You have to scroll through to get to the interesting bits about Covid drugs.

Pfizer Q2 earnings conference

Starts on slide 25 of 39!
Science WOW

Pages of data everyday lmao. Like everyone keeps on top of your 300 posts per day. It's over a year and a half since this begun why not just post the summary like everywhere else. Surprised you find the time to do this everyday.
Bit of a bellend comment that,

REGIONAL CASE NUMBERS

As you might expect everywhere up a bit today but nowhere by lots.

London is NOT the highest region but is now second behind the South East - with both very close together in the 3300s.

Indeed everywhere is remarkably close together. Aside from the North East (the only one sub 2000) all the regions are in a range of around 2300 to 3300.

THAT did not happen in the last wave that was much higher in some regions than others. And was not true in the Delta one either when NW, NE, Yorkshire and to a lesser degree Midlands were all up.

This has now become a very evenly spread English set of data,

For whatever that means, Hope someone has a theory. Other than Delta has spread everywhere. Obviously true.

I recall someone commenting that the even split made it look odd as you would expect differences if the fall was real. I think it was Roubaix.

Now we have a rise the same thing is happening so not sure what to make of that.

But we will see as the week goes on.

North West is up 316 on yesterday. Pretty typical, Stays below 3000 - just - at 2999!

This is down week to week by 2323. That is a very similar week to week fall as yesterdays 2375.

So no real sign of a week to week trend decrease in todays NW numbers at least

The previous week to week fall was 781. So the NW was falling even before last weeks unexpected widespread falls.

I see Fabian Delph is the latest idiot to say let your body to the job instead of getting the vaccine.

Ironic considering he's probably had more modern medicine than anyone in the premier League!

GREATER MANCHESTER CASE NUMBERS

Not a drastic change though only Bury actually fell today. Bury had the lowest GM number in weeks today.

Still 4 boroughs sub 100 - Bolton, Rochdale and Trafford the others

Only Manchester over 200.

And more big week to week falls and every single borough down dramatically on last Wednesday.

So more big Pop Score falls in GM to far more respectable levels than even just 7 days ago.

GM rose by 163 of the NW rise of 316 which is pretty much right,

And fell week to week by 1071 of the NW fall week to week of 2375 - again pretty much as should be.

Cases across the regions:

Change in last 24 hrs V seven days ago

SOUTH

East UP 272 to 2276 V 3729

London UP 123 to 3340 V 5763

London no longer the highest region in England going solo.

South East UP 691 - most in the south today - to 3357 V 5394 - another huge drop

Enough to just top London and be highest region

South West UP 545 to 2709 V 3533

Second biggest rise in region here

MIDLANDS

East UP 533 to 2280 V 3315

West UP 421 to 2468 V 4182

Modest rises here

COMBINING THESE TWO INTO ONE AS THE NHS DOES TOTALS 4748 - STILL THE LARGEST REGION

NORTH

North East UP 165 to 1430 V 2837

Yorkshire UP 908 to 2932 V 4804 - Biggest rise of the day

NE & YORKSHIRE as Zoe and the NHS combines these two for the hospital data and this is now the second biggest area with 4362 cases. Ahead of the biggest southern region. But behind the Midlands.

NB:- London, Midlands and NE & Yorkshire all currently have worse hospital numbers than the NW showing this same pattern is translating from these raw case numbers to those too - suggesting a degree of reality beyond testing flaws.

AND

NORTH WEST UP 316 to 2999 V 5322

A modest rise here given the size of the region. A third of the one in Yorkshire.

Past weeks NW numbers are 5322 - 5600 - 4172 - 3615 - 3464 - 3281 - 2683 - 2999

Equivalent NW numbers a week earlier 6203 - 6212 - 7256 - 7424 - 6962 - 5176 - 5058 - 5322

Look at the week to weeks above:-

DOWN 881 - DOWN 612 - DOWN 3084 - DOWN 3809 - DOWN 3498 - DOWN 1895 - DOWN 2371 - DOWN 2323

HUGE turnaround as the week progressed.

GM numbers in past week 2322 - 2258 - 1623 - 1618 - 1410 - 1330 - 1088 - 1251

Total in GM from the NW cases Total - 41.7% was 40.6% yesterday and 43.6 % a week ago.

Seems to have settled around 40% which is about right based on population

Full GM details

Total cases 1251 - UP 163 on Yesterday - when the whole NW was UP by 316

Pretty much right.

Wk to wk DOWN 1071 when the NW is DOWN by 2323

Also about right as a split of the NW.

BOROUGH / CASES TODAY / V YESTERDAY / V LAST WEEK

BOLTON 90 / UP 7 / DOWN 113

BURY 68 / DOWN 13 / DOWN 80

MANCHESTER 258 / UP 30 / DOWN 85

OLDHAM 113 / UP 8 / DOWN 108

ROCHDALE 94 / UP 20 / DOWN 120

SALFORD 180 / UP 55 / DOWN 87

STOCKPORT 106 / UP 1 / DOWN 98

TAMESIDE 111 / UP 32 / DOWN 114

TRAFFORD 91 / UP 5 / DOWN 90

WIGAN 140 / UP 18 / DOWN 176

Four boroughs under 100 with Bury on the lowest in weeks and now a week of sub 100 numbers here.

More large week to week falls for third day running.

Salford's up the most again today but still a big fall wk to wk.

Another obviously good day for GM with more large weekly Pop Score falls - which is the number that matters most to chart the progress of the pandemic in GM.

My left arm has just started hurting again in the jab point like 10 weeks after it happened lol. I know the feeling because my arm was stinging for a good 3/4 weeks afterwards. Anyone know why this would happen? So odd. I feel fine broadly speaking though. Just a pretty sore stinging pain in one spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.