Neil Young

Wow, I’d never heard the Carol King song before. It’s exactly the same.

He’s still a musical great IMO.

Neil himself has stated he copied "Mr Soul" from "Satisfaction". A sincere form of flattery!

Finally got round to do a proper chronological listen to his studio albums, some for the first time ever - obviously it's taking me quite a bit and I have to stop and listen to whatever BlueHammer's album of the week is every so often, but as I expected it's all good stuff up to now (except for that country album one). Just played Trans and loved that, didn't expect him to go that route. 14 down just another 25 albums or so to do.

A while ago I listened to all the live albums chronologically. At the time there were something like 20 live (or performance) albums altogether, but the precise number depends on things like whether to regard Rust Never Sleeps as a live album or not...

But, since then a few more live albums have been released - e.g. the live convert version of Greendale (2003), Young Shakespeare (yet another recording from the 1970 solo tour) and Way Down in the Rust Bucket (from 1990).

So, I think I might have to do it all again...

There hasn't been a new recorded concert performance on the Neil Young Archive web site for over a month, but the new one loaded this morning is great if you are in to rarities.

It is from Ann Arbour, Michigan, 16 October 1969 - first set. Only 11 songs, but four are debuts and at least 3 have only been played live a handful of times in his whole career.

Here's the list for anyone who might be interested:

On The Way Home
Helpless
Dance, Dance, Dance
I've Loved Her So Long
Down By The River
I Am A Child
Everybody's Alone
Wonderin'
Oh, Lonesome Me
Flying On The Ground Is Wrong
Country Girl

There hasn't been a new recorded concert performance on the Neil Young Archive web site for over a month, but the new one loaded this morning is great if you are in to rarities.

It is from Ann Arbour, Michigan, 16 October 1969 - first set. Only 11 songs, but four are debuts and at least 3 have only been played live a handful of times in his whole career.

Here's the list for anyone who might be interested:

On The Way Home
Helpless
Dance, Dance, Dance
I've Loved Her So Long
Down By The River
I Am A Child
Everybody's Alone
Wonderin'
Oh, Lonesome Me
Flying On The Ground Is Wrong
Country Girl
Great song list

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.