Seasoncard - 2021/22

I will wait patiently for the card to arrive in the tin with the other shite as I was told a card would be sent when I requested one.

If no card I will try to defer and if that isn’t an option I will cancel altogether .
I won’t have the piss taken out of me that’s for sure.

I’m all for progress but the sneaky way they have gone about this is not on tbh.

To attempt this in the current climate when we will also no doubt have to show vaccination passes at the same time may well cause bedlam at the turnstiles imo.

Why didn’t they trial it this season for the people who don’t mind or will prefer this method of entry with a % discount incentive ?

At least give people especially the older fans a season to get their head around it, not a fortnight to ‘pop down’ to a training session ffs!

I, like most folk go to the Etihad to watch the game and that’s that.
People don’t have the time or are too far away to just nip down.
I think they have made a rod for their own back and will have to deal with the consequences .

I have two season tickets in the south stand and my friend has two in the east stand.

We are both the keepers of both tickets (meaning I have both season cards in my wallet and he has both season cards in his)

There have been times when the other person in our parties hasn’t been able to go, so instead of us both sitting on our own, we’ve put one pair on the ticket exchange and used the other pair to go to the game.

How would this work from next season as technically I can’t transfer my spare seat to his account as he already has his own seat in his account? I just used to give him the spare card or vice versa.
My guess is the club won’t have thought about this scenario whatsoever and it will take endless hours on the phone for you to sort out in the run up to the first game you want to do it.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, it what is all about. The mobile ticketing system is supplied by FortressGB and it is about data collection to 'get a 360 degree view of your fans' and 'driving revenues'. Marketing bullshit at its very best and I'm sure it has gone down a storm with the likes of Soriano et al.

Last edited:
And this, ladies and gentlemen, it what is all about. The mobile ticketing system is supplied by FortressGB and it is about data collection to 'get a 360 degree view of your fans' and 'driving revenues'. Marketing bullshit at its very best and I'm sure it has gone down a storm with the likes of Soriano et al.

Who owns Fortress? Do we know?

I will wait patiently for the card to arrive in the tin with the other shite as I was told a card would be sent when I requested one.

If no card I will try to defer and if that isn’t an option I will cancel altogether .
I won’t have the piss taken out of me that’s for sure.

I’m all for progress but the sneaky way they have gone about this is not on tbh.

To attempt this in the current climate when we will also no doubt have to show vaccination passes at the same time may well cause bedlam at the turnstiles imo.

Why didn’t they trial it this season for the people who don’t mind or will prefer this method of entry with a % discount incentive ?

At least give people especially the older fans a season to get their head around it, not a fortnight to ‘pop down’ to a training session ffs!

I, like most folk go to the Etihad to watch the game and that’s that.
People don’t have the time or are too far away to just nip down.
I think they have made a rod for their own back and will have to deal with the consequences .
This is being made into some sort of espionage attempt :)

I think you’ll find that the PL have instructed all clubs to move towards a mobile ticket for many reasons. At least the club are now acknowledging that ST holders share their ticket with family members or friends. This new system reduces the number of tickets getting into the hands of touts. Other clubs are taking the same steps. Unfortunately for the poorer clubs, they are going to have to invest in the club infrastructure to bring it up to date.

apart from not getting a plastic card - I don’t think it’s a problem for most people. If it really is then I’m sure the club will sort something out like sending out paper tickets - but they’re not going to issue cards to these folk in order to prevent an avalanche of claims from people who are trying it on.
Its new and strange but it will soon be normal! Like every other advance in technology

Seriously do any concert halls, theatres, and cinemas sell tickets and afterwards inform the purchasers that need a mobile phone of recent specification to get in?

The only question is not will City back down and permit some other form of entry - print at home or optical scans? - but when they will back down.
No - they just didn’t open

Wimbledon had the same system but also requested photo identification

The club has been signposting this for years. Day to day life has been signposting this for years. It’s not crept up on anyone.

Every time there’s a change there’s the same handwringing and people announcing it’s the end. It was the same when terraces closed, the same when games were made all ticket, the same when season tickets became plastic cards. There’ll be some short term faffing and by Christmas everyone will be happily getting on with things.

Its not part of some grand Orwellian conspiracy, it’s just a reflection of how the world works.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.