Jack Grealish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking that a player wanting to move makes them disloyal is an absolutely horrendous attitude. Bunch of squealing children. Disgusting way to treat one of the best Villa players of their lifetimes.
To be fair, Leroy Sane was struck off a lot of Christmas card lists on here! Yes, I know; different circumstances. Sane wasn't a boyhood City fan. But there were plenty on here very unhappy with him when he upped and went to Bayern.

Before this transfer, the story would have been Foden vs Sancho for next ten years. The glare would have been incandescent. Now, at least for five years, it would be Grealish and Sancho. The superfluous stuff about Foden, the hair color, the Icelandic girls and the rest, won't seem as interesting as the Grealish 69 shirts. If Foden is the type to play football only for the trophies and the money, not the celebrity, then things should be perfect for him.

Thinking that a player wanting to move makes them disloyal is an absolutely horrendous attitude. Bunch of squealing children. Disgusting way to treat one of the best Villa players of their lifetimes.

I have no love for Villa fans after my encounter with them at Wembley. I may have just been unlucky but every single one I came across that day was a loud, aggressive boorish knobhead.

Having said that I understand their disappointment and pain if Grealish leaves. As a self confessed Villa fan they think he should stay as he loves the club like they do. I have no doubt he does but he is also a professional footballer, he wants to win trophies. At 26 this is his last chance of a big move to do that. Villa have assembled a half decent team but even with further huge investment it could be 4-5 years before they were competing at that level, if ever. It will hurt but he has to move

Tbf Leroy ran he contract down Jack hasn't.
Leroy's contract only got ran down because he spent a season out on the sidelines due to an ACL injury, else he would have been sold to Bayern the same window and we would have gotten more money.

I have no love for Villa fans after my encounter with them at Wembley. I may have just been unlucky but every single one I came across that day was a loud, aggressive boorish knobhead.

Having said that I understand their disappointment and pain if Grealish leaves. As a self confessed Villa fan they think he should stay as he loves the club like they do. I have no doubt he does but he is also a professional footballer, he wants to win trophies. At 26 this is his last chance of a big move to do that. Villa have assembled a half decent team but even with further huge investment it could be 4-5 years before they were competing at that level, if ever. It will hurt but he has to move

He wasn't a Villa fan though... which is why his social media team deleted all his tweets about united. He was from Brum and didnt even support Villa... Yes he came through there and obviously the club means a lot to him and the fans love him, but ultimately he's a professional footballer who it appears wants to move on. I do understand their disappointment though, SWP moving to Chelsea was really hard to take, but I don't remember any of our fans turning on him at that time. We were gutted to see him go, but it was too good an opportunity for him to turn down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.